Benefits of having an annual pass???

How does this work...? We went last July and are going this July (same dates) and are upgrading to APs. Would last trip's pictures just show up on the account...? We had a computer issue and lost many pictures, so if we could get them back that would be amazing!!
They should be there unless you deleted them. In my example, my pictures from January and April of 2016 were available for me to download when I got my AP in January of this year (2017). I downloaded them when I got home.

Quick question re. AP's and Photo Pass. We'll be down in December and plan on upgrading our MYW tickets to AP's on the first day.

Once that upgrade is done, is the included photo pass instantly live and available?

I know it takes a few days when you activate Memory Maker, and I don't want to miss any great photos of the kids.

Quick question re. AP's and Photo Pass. We'll be down in December and plan on upgrading our MYW tickets to AP's on the first day.

Once that upgrade is done, is the included photo pass instantly live and available?

I know it takes a few days when you activate Memory Maker, and I don't want to miss any great photos of the kids.
Yes, it is immediate. The passholder entitlement will let you view and download the photos right away in MDE. I have even heard of people being able to acceess old trip photos within a years time span once they have upgraded.

I've done in the past when I know I'll be going for Christmas one year and then Thaksgiving the next. I think if you can schedule two trips within 12 months then it is worth it.

I'm planning on going In January and getting passes so that I can go two more times in 2018

if I buy the passes ahead of time and don't activate can I still book the fp+ times 60 days ahead?(I'm staying on property)

Does anyone know what the Passholder room discounts are generally after Easter. Might try 2 visits next year if it makes it worthwhile.

The key to the annual pass is two trips of at least four days each within twelve months. If you do that, the AP saves you money right there. Easy decision. The discounts for merchandise and food are nice. I have saved significant money that way, but I consider that a bonus. The fact that I am looking for excuses to plan one or two more trips before the AP expires--extra. The fact that I toured differently on my last trip specifically because of the AP--extra. I actually spent a few hours in Epcot JUST to do F&W. Not one attraction, ride or show, just walking around and eating from the kiosks. I would NEVER have done that without the AP. But The October and November trip tickets would have cost more than the AP. That was the only deciding factor. Everything else is a bonus.

The key to the annual pass is two trips of at least four days each within twelve months. If you do that, the AP saves you money right there. Easy decision. The discounts for merchandise and food are nice. I have saved significant money that way, but I consider that a bonus. The fact that I am looking for excuses to plan one or two more trips before the AP expires--extra. The fact that I toured differently on my last trip specifically because of the AP--extra. I actually spent a few hours in Epcot JUST to do F&W. Not one attraction, ride or show, just walking around and eating from the kiosks. I would NEVER have done that without the AP. But The October and November trip tickets would have cost more than the AP. That was the only deciding factor. Everything else is a bonus.
Thanks for your advice. I may upgrade my park tickets to an AP when we go in July. Just need to convince my husband!

One side-effect of having an AP that some people are not aware of is that it just about burns a hole in your pocket. Bad day at work? Need to get away? Crappy cold weather at home? Great airfare sale shows up in your inbox?

"Well, I mean, tickets are paid for since we have the APs...."

:rotfl2:

One side-effect of having an AP that some people are not aware of is that it just about burns a hole in your pocket. Bad day at work? Need to get away? Crappy cold weather at home? Great airfare sale shows up in your inbox?

"Well, I mean, tickets are paid for since we have the APs...."

:rotfl2:
THIS! I upgraded my package ticket to an AP in late August with plans of moving up my annual August trip to get 2 trips out of it. I've now added a quick 4 day girls trip in May while my son is away at camp with his school. If airfare from Seattle to FL wasn't so dang expensive I'd be adding another trip or 2 in there too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter