Benefit to online check-in for cabin stay?

DisneyZB

When I win the lottery, I'm moving to Disney.
Hi all. Question about online check-in. We’ve got a cabin reservation and will be arriving to the Fort via DME about 4:00pm and I was wondering if it was really any benefit to do online check-in since we still need to go to the front desk to catch a van ride to our cabin? We are getting groceries delivered but Garden Grocer won’t deliver till after 4:00 now anyways. Thoughts?

You can do online check in, save you from having to stand in line behind everyone else that did not do online check in either at the Desk. You could always get your suitcases if they don't deliver them to the cabin, not sure about that. The internal buses are a short walk from check in and you could catch a bus to your cabin.
We bring our home with us, so not very familiar with DME and cabins.

You can do online check in, save you from having to stand in line behind everyone else that did not do online check in either at the Desk. You could always get your suitcases if they don't deliver them to the cabin, not sure about that. The internal buses are a short walk from check in and you could catch a bus to your cabin.
We bring our home with us, so not very familiar with DME and cabins.

Thanks for the response PaHunter. But I thought you weren’t allowed to bring luggage on the internal buses. Was I wrong?

You could always get your suitcases if they don't deliver them to the cabin, not sure about that. The internal buses are a short walk from check in and you could catch a bus to your cabin.

Thanks for the response PaHunter. But I thought you weren’t allowed to bring luggage on the internal buses. Was I wrong?

DME will deliver your suitcases to you cabin. Like other resorts you do not have to be there when they are delivered. We have taken the internal buses to our cabin with our carry-ons as well. The three times we have stayed at The Fort we have never gotten a van ride to our cabin and always have take the internal buses. This last trip 2 of the 3 cabins were ready for check-in before we arrived and because we had done on-line check in we knew what cabins to go to. My SIL got her text as we landed at MCO and my sister who arrived a few hours after us got her notification as they were awaiting to board their flight. Only reason we didn't get our cabin was that we had requested an accessible cabin and it wasn't quite ready. In the end it worked out as we didn't have the need for an accessible cabin so we were able to free it up for someone who needed it more then us. They then assigned us another cabin right away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter