Below minimum for Italy isola - can I still book?

rspencer38

Mouseketeer
Looking at Italy for our reception and we were initially thinking Isola West, however, I think we like the privacy of Italy Isola. We will not meet the minimum of 40 people for Italy Isola, does that mean we cannot book it?

I'm not sure of the official policy regarding minimums.. but I'm expecting around 35-40 guests and I wasn't offered any venues with a larger guest minimum. I was actually discouraged by my sales consultant from using larger spaces like Atlantic Dance Hall because it would look "too empty." If they did let you use it, I believe Italy Isola has a separate F&B minimum that you would have to meet regardless of the size of your party.

This was for a DP, not a reception, so it might be completely different- especially if the F&B minimum for a reception is unrelated to the guest count. But for whatever it's worth: we were told we had to meet the minimum guest count, or Disney would have the prerogative to move us to another venue of their choosing (and if they didn’t exercise this, we would still have to meet the F&B minimum for 100 for Italy Isola). However, I think it turned out that all the other dessert party venues in Epcot that have a chance of being able to hold our group were booked on our date, so we were able to keep Italy Isola, at a reduced minimum. So, now we’re on the hook for the viewing fee and F&B minimums for 85 (instead of 100)- if we don't meet that and it turns out there is another space available, I think they can still theoretically kick us out.

We’re inviting 115, so hopefully we'll meet the minimum guest count anyway. I don’t know if they would have let us book the space at all if we’d lowballed our estimate more. It’s kind of hard with that big a group- we have plenty of courtesy invites we don’t really expect to want to travel to go to our wedding, but you never know who’s going to welcome the excuse to go to Disney World. :rotfl:

(Edited because I totally misread my contract. It has Been a Week. :headache:)

Last edited:
If no larger group wants the space, you can usually get it as long as you pay the food and beverage minimums for the minimum guest count they require. But you often have to wait until closer to your date to see if no larger group wants it, so it's good to be flexible.

My consultant recommended Italy Isola and told me it's a 30 guest minimum. I'm no where near booking date as we are thinking of Jan 2019 but I'm an extremely indecisive person so I must start research early.

Let me know your outcome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter