belly button ring under corset?

WDWBride04/19/2010

Mouseketeer
I have a belly button ring, and I'll be wearing a corset under my dress, and I was just wondering what any of you have done in that situation. Did you take it out? Did you leave it in as is? Did you put some kind of tape over it? I've never really taken mine out (except to change it), so I don't really like the idea of that. I'd do it if I had to tho', cuz the top part (where it closes...that side of the piercing) of the one I'll be wearing tends to move up so that the "ring" itself is right against the skin and not in its proper place, and I wouldn't be able to fix this w/the corset and dress on, lol. I'd wear another one, but it'll be Red Sox season, so I gotta' wear my Red Sox one.:jumping1:

as is, it'll be fine. I had my belly button pierced for awhile, and never had any problems in terms of tight clothing or anything. It won't be an issue. :thumbsup2 I wouldn't wear anything Red Sox though...now YANKEES on the other hand :cheer2: :rotfl:

Is it a true corset or more of a lingerie bustier? If it has a busk in front, that might be a bit of a problem, so certainly be careful you don't catch it while closing that. And be prepared for a dent in your stomach for a few hours after. What would help with the ring (and preserving the corset from sweat) would be to put a thin layer between the two, like a camisole, slip, or even tubetop. That way it won't catch or rub on the metal bones as much. Make sure you try wearing it around for a few hours before, so that if it bothers you you'll know before you have a big gown on as well! And if it is a true corset, the way it pushes on your ribcage can really bother some people at first, so you'll want to make sure about that too.

I just tried on my tight-as-can-be corset on top of my curved barbell. Had no issues. But, I've also had it for about 10 yrs. I know the first couple of years it was pierced, it was sensitive under tight clothing until I changed from a loop to a barbell. :thumbsup2

I wonder if you could cover it in Hollywood Fashion Tape or one of those blister-blocker band-aids, or if that might kinda bunch up/slide around after a while...

as is, it'll be fine. I had my belly button pierced for awhile, and never had any problems in terms of tight clothing or anything. It won't be an issue. :thumbsup2 I wouldn't wear anything Red Sox though...now YANKEES on the other hand :cheer2: :rotfl:

Sweet. Haha, it's bad enough I dated a Yankees fan. :sad2: O and hey, you're getting married 3 days after me! A Yankee and Red Sox bride in Disney World at the same time. O no! :rotfl:

Is it a true corset or more of a lingerie bustier? If it has a busk in front, that might be a bit of a problem, so certainly be careful you don't catch it while closing that. And be prepared for a dent in your stomach for a few hours after. What would help with the ring (and preserving the corset from sweat) would be to put a thin layer between the two, like a camisole, slip, or even tubetop. That way it won't catch or rub on the metal bones as much. Make sure you try wearing it around for a few hours before, so that if it bothers you you'll know before you have a big gown on as well! And if it is a true corset, the way it pushes on your ribcage can really bother some people at first, so you'll want to make sure about that too.

It closes in the back. and the part near the ring is smooth :)

I just tried on my tight-as-can-be corset on top of my curved barbell. Had no issues. But, I've also had it for about 10 yrs. I know the first couple of years it was pierced, it was sensitive under tight clothing until I changed from a loop to a barbell. :thumbsup2

Cool. I got mine pierced either 5 or 6yrs. ago.

I wonder if you could cover it in Hollywood Fashion Tape or one of those blister-blocker band-aids, or if that might kinda bunch up/slide around after a while...

I dunno. I was thinking fashion tape if I was gonna put something over it. Maybe I'll just pick some up and try it w/some other article of clothing that fits around my stomach, lol.

Sweet. Haha, it's bad enough I dated a Yankees fan. :sad2: O and hey, you're getting married 3 days after me! A Yankee and Red Sox bride in Disney World at the same time. O no! :rotfl:

UH OH! That could be a problem! :rotfl2:If my dad finds out that there's a Red Sox fan getting married in the same location I am right before me, he might make me cancel my wedding! :lmao:

I'm in NH and I'm a red sox fan too! Little does my significant other know that I was supposed to marry Johnny Damon... till he switched to the dark side! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter