Believe in the Magic: 7+ Days at Disneyland Resort

It is interesting that security has started asking about CBD products at bag check this summer. I don't remember them asking about this earlier this year. But they have started being more consistent about asking and checking for CBD products and telling guests to return those products to the car or to their hotel rooms. I don't use or carry any CBD products, but security CMs have been curious about my Aveda products a few times.
I'm wondering if it was the actual product, or was it in a glass container? No glass is allowed in the park...just curious.

Thanks for the excellent report. We are spending 6 nights at the GCH at the beginning of August. This will be our third time staying at the hotel and our longest. I'm so excited to enjoy some "downtime" on this trip.

Thanks for the excellent report. We are spending 6 nights at the GCH at the beginning of August. This will be our third time staying at the hotel and our longest. I'm so excited to enjoy some "downtime" on this trip.
yes! leverage the power of the GCH location to take afternoon breaks. Be there at opening and then head back to GCH from 2-6. Enjoy!

Another highlight of the trip for us was the River Belle Terrace Fantasmic Premium dining package.

We love Fantasmic at Disneyland but we have traditionally either found a “free spot” somewhere or gotten a normal fast pass. We wanted to do something different this time, and we read good reviews of the River Belle premium package.

We booked it exactly 60 days out. On the day of, I arrived very early - around 7pm - and was directed to wait at the small exit area from the outdoor seating into the pathway right near Tarzan’s Treehouse. I was assuming that whoever checked in first would get priority for the seating right on the rail overlooking the walkway around Rivers of America. So we waited in line while the CMs set the outdoor seating area for the Fantasmic dining package. When they were done I noticed what looked like name plates on the tables, so I squinted to see if I could pick out our name, and sure enough there we were at a table right next to the rail, just to the right of a lamp post, really in a perfect viewing location. So the lesson learned here is that arriving for early check in really has no bearing on where you get seated. I assume we got such a great table because we booked early - as early as we possibly could. Others in line who booked that day had tables further back.

As for the dining itself, it was really good. It is a fixed menu. I got the pork ribs which were amazing but very filling. The others seemed to enjoy their food. It was certainly not the best meal we had in our week but it was up there. Dessert was very interesting - the Maleficent dessert in particular was very unique with just a little bit of kick in it.

And as we suspected, we had wonderful seats not just for the Fantasmic show, but to our surprise the fireworks as well. We had no issues with CMs or guests blocking our view, and it is just elevated enough that you can see over everyone. And we found the chairs comfortable enough for us in the 1.5 hours we were seated there.

All in all a truly great experience at Disneyland and we would not hesitate to do it again in the future!

That sounds fantastic! I wanted to do the River Belle/Fantasmic on our last trip but didn't know enough about it in time to book it. It is going to be a long wait until the day I can book things for this next trip!

We experience the "bubble" even when staying accross the street.
May I ask where you stay? We are still debating - I've got the list of 5 across the street (BWPPI, PVI, Camelot, Tropicana and Grand Legacy), and then DLH. I want SO BADLY to stay at DLH but we're having a hard time justifying the cost (additional $4000 for the two rooms we need - yikes!)

That sounds fantastic! I wanted to do the River Belle/Fantasmic on our last trip but didn't know enough about it in time to book it. It is going to be a long wait until the day I can book things for this next trip!

May I ask where you stay? We are still debating - I've got the list of 5 across the street (BWPPI, PVI, Camelot, Tropicana and Grand Legacy), and then DLH. I want SO BADLY to stay at DLH but we're having a hard time justifying the cost (additional $4000 for the two rooms we need - yikes!)

Yikes is right!
Most often we stay at the PVI but really, any of the nearby hotels on Harbor are good. They make so much money that they can afford to keep them up!

I think a big part of why these hotels feel like they're part of the bubble for me is that pretty much every guest staying at the hotel is there for DLR. As you leave your room in the morning, you are surrounded by families donning their ears and Disneyland shirts. You walk in a big pack together across the street. Or you stop in at McDonalds or IHOP and it's the same, everyone is talking about Disney. That's certainly not the experience I have at hotels on other types of vacations.

Bummer! We're planning Sept 2020 for my parents' 50th anniversary.

You should look into renting DVC points to stay at GCH. It's a significantly more affordable way to stay at Disney properties. Just make sure you book right at the 11 month mark (I think you might even be able to send in a request sooner than that, but I've never done it before), since I think the GCH books up really fast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter