• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Belated Trip Report Last part - 3

maleficent_man

DIS Veteran
Last one!

January 2

Up at 6:50. Finished packing our bags and checked out of room. Put bags into luggage store. Got bus over to Disneyland Park. Queued at entrance and got in. Onto train to Fantasyland (it sat in the station for ages - why can’t they just let you walk up to it and then have the people being staggered as they come in?). Into Marionette for Good Morning Fantasyland breakfast - nice - made a few rolls to take with us for later! Bought some cheap pins which I could then trade with cast members (bit strange going up to attractive young female cast members and asking to see their pins!!). Over to Big Thunder - straight on and did it twice. Up to Indy and did it. Down through Adventureland and onto Main Street just as it started to snow. Got some cool pics with Goofy. Out of park and across to the Studios. Straight up to Rock N Roller. Both did Front row and then both did it again. Mum then waited for me while I went on 3 more times on my own! Took some pics in and around the studios. Over and did the Art of Animation. Saw Stitch out and about as well left the park. Said bye to the Studios and headed over to Disneyland Park. Up to Fantasyland via Main Street and Belle’s Christmas Village. Saw Mickey’s Christmas show - was good. Went over and managed to get a fab spot to watch Belle’s show again - was excellent - probably the best Christmas show there is. Got photo with Belle and some of the other characters from the show. Got cool Xmas Mickey and headed to Frontierland. Saw Mickey’s Winter Wonderland - good show (albeit it for the Country bears - I can’t stand them!). Down to Main Street and got photo with Gideon. Went through shops. Bought another Mickey and exchanged some pins with cast members. Crossed street and headed back up through other shops. Checked out Goofy photo but stuck with the ones we had taken. Up through Castle. More shops. Got some popcorn and more pins. Down and said bye to Park. Across into Village and got matching Xmas Minnie. Walked back to hotel. Took some photos and exchanged pin with cast member in hotel shop. Got bags and waited for VEA bus. Got on okay. Slept on the bus which only took 35 mins to get to CDG. Walked to the correct terminal and checked in. Got food from Pizza Hut and bought paper to read. Onto flight and away on time. Back into Edinburgh. Straight to car park and back to Linlithgow in no time.

Thanks for reading. Again, if anyone has any questions, give me a shout!

Nick

bit strange going up to attractive young female cast members and asking to see their pins

LOL!

Can I ask, would you go at this time of year again? The cold weather and the crowds deter me slightly!

Miffy2003

I would definitely recommend going at this time of year again. New Year's Eve was by far the busiest day. If you were only going for one day or it was your first visit, it might be frustrating as the queues for everything were madness. The flip side of that was that the park had an amazing atmosphere all day. The other two days we were there were fine and if planned right, you could do everything without much hassle.

The park looks stunning at this time of year and the special Christmas attractions make it worthwhile (I am planning to visit again at Christmas this year).

Thanks for all the comments on the report folks. I know some will probably read and think I'm mad for packing so much in and not taking time for breath, but I hate being at the parks and not doing everything I possibly can. Relaxation is something I'm not comfortable with!!

Any more questions let me know.

Nick

NICK, I liked your "commando style" vacation !!!!! we too like to "do" as much as we can !!!!

Thanks for posting !

Laura

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter