Belated reviews 10/4-10/7

holcomb-mania

DIS Veteran
I'll try to be concise, and won't really try giving places a "score" because my scale probably differs substantially from others. I'll try to hit the high spots, i.e. our kids usually ate typical kid's menu stuff (and usually only ate half! GRRRR!), so you don't need to hear about that, and food court stuff is, well, food court stuff.

10/4 (and again on 10/10) - Rain Forest Cafe at AK: DD8 and DS6 enjoy this place for the atmosphere, so we joined the kids up to the Safari Club to get some discounts and enable us to get in faster. We ended up saving close to $40 on food and merchandise, and got seated with VERY little wait. I really like the Brave New World pizza (bbq sauce with grilled chicken), my wife liked her burger and then the quesadillas she had the second trip. Got the volcano the first trip and the four of us could only eat about 3/4 of it. It was good as well. Nothing really jumps out at you with RFC, outside of the atmosphere. Service and food are average, about what you'd expect from chain places. We'll go again.

10/5 - LTT before MNSSHP: The food was good overall. The flank steak and turkey were tasty and moist, while I thought the ham was on the dry side. Whispering Canyon had better mashed potatoes, and the mac & cheese was just too runny for me. The rolls were good, and DW liked the salad. She said the apple cobbler dessert was the best she's ever had. Character interaction was excellent, service was good. We liked it, but now that we've done it, we don't see a compelling reason to go back.

10/6 - Breakfast at Main Street Bakery in MK. Good pastries, cost about $22 for the four of us. We'd do it again if we were in a hurry and missed breakfast elsewhere.

Dinner at Whispering Canyon. The kids had a lot of fun with the race and the server interaction. Our waittress, Mickey, was super-nice but didn't do the crazy stuff like some others. DS and I got napkin hats to keep from a guy there. The food was great. We had the skillet: beans and stew okay; ribs, chicken and sausage better; pulled pork and mashed potatoes were great. I had a chocolate brownie-type dessert but I can't remember the name. I was stuffed, but it sounded good and I just HAD to try it. It was worth it. We will DEFINITELY make WCC a must-do each trip.

10/7 - Sci-Fi Dine In. I think we all got burgers. DW and I got baked potatoes. The food was good as were the chocolate shakes. We loved the whole drive-in atmosphere, and some of the clips were hilarious. The kids were absorbed in the screen and took forever to eat! Our waiter was excellent. Friendly and fast. We would go here again for sure.

Thanks for the reviews, the Sci-Fi is always a muct do for my kids--four burgers,fries and shakes and and everyone is happy!:teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter