Behind the Seeds (with kids?)

Carolynleanne

Canadian Disney mom
Has anyone taken the Behind the Seeds tour of Living with the Land with younger children? My husband and I would LOVE to do it, but we'll have children ages 8, 6, and 4 with us. Will they be bored out of their tree? ;)

Probably depends on the kid, my friend has done this tour with her son and nieces. Her niece was around 4 or 5 at the time and her son was 2 or 3?

My children enjoyed it at 7 and 9. But it does totally depend on what kinds of things your kids like. There is neat stuff to see and learn about, but you do need to listen.

We went twice when our youngest child was around 6, then again several years later.

We all enjoyed it a lot. First time the guide was a horticulturist, the second time the guide was a highly educated and interesting entomologist. Both were good experiences. We closely connected with another family during the first. I will never forget that day. Our daughter had same birthday and name as the daughter of the other family although the other little girl was a couple years older. We met them afterwards when waiting in line for a ride and proceeded to tour with them the rest of the day. Very fun.

Last edited:
My 7 year old son loved it. However he is very into nature and science so it was right up his alley.

I did this with my son when he was 6 and he absolutely loved it and was engaged the entire time. There was another family on the same tour and their daughter was about the same age and she looked bored and not very into it at all. So, it really depends on the child and what types of things interest them.

I did this with my son when he was 6 and he absolutely loved it and was engaged the entire time. There was another family on the same tour and their daughter was about the same age and she looked bored and not very into it at all. So, it really depends on the child and what types of things interest them.

This is true. Our daughter volunteered at our local zoo, became a vegan, helped pay her college expenses by dog walking, and ended up with a undergrad degree in coastal environmental studies last year. I guess she always was a nature girl. Maybe the behind the seeds tour contributed to her going that direction, who knows.

This is true. Our daughter volunteered at our local zoo, became a vegan, helped pay her college expenses by dog walking, and ended up with a undergrad degree in coastal environmental studies last year. I guess she always was a nature girl. Maybe the behind the seeds tour contributed to her going that direction, who knows.

WOW! Good for her!

Mine may be fine then! They're homeschoolers and we live on an acreage and have chickens and such, so they're pretty interested in gardens and farming :)

Yeah -
Your kids sound like they will enjoy it. There's a talk about using specific bugs to battle other invasive bugs, interesting crops, vertical farming, hydroponic stuff, fish farming (make sure to tell them to grab a bunch of fish food when the time comes, and you do the same so you can hand them more.)
(I'd also take a few minutes before you go to study spice prices - it might come on handy - just sayin)

Also, they are going to love meeting Stanley The Plant.

Yeah -
Your kids sound like they will enjoy it. There's a talk about using specific bugs to battle other invasive bugs, interesting crops, vertical farming, hydroponic stuff, fish farming (make sure to tell them to grab a bunch of fish food when the time comes, and you do the same so you can hand them more.)
(I'd also take a few minutes before you go to study spice prices - it might come on handy - just sayin)

Also, they are going to love meeting Stanley The Plant.

Thank you! Sounds like they would enjoy all that! As would my husband, haha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!