• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

???Behind the Scenes Tours at Sea World

Jane E.

DIS Veteran
I've been searching the Sea World site & can't find info on their site regarding these tours. I can only find links to the all day expensive Sea World tours. The Behind the Scenes tours were $6.95 & could be signed up for on the same day we were visiting. Does anyone have a link to these? Are they still offered? We're going next month.

Thank you! I bookmarked that page so I don't lose it again. I want to try either the arctic or rescue tour next month. Thanks so much!

I have done all three of their tours. The arctic is better, especially since you get to touch a penguin. The rescue one was a little interesting but out in the sun most of the time. The shark one was alright but I don't know if they will be offering it again. At the end of that one you got to touch a very small shark, I think it was a bamboo shark. If you are going to be at Sea World more than one day than it is worth taking one of the tours. You do learn more than if you looked at the exhibits by yourself.

I e-mailed the Education Department and the Predators tour is officially on hiatus. That may change from day to day, but I don't expect it to be offered again until the shark cage tour thing is worked out.

Thanks for the replies. Buzz, we may try that arctic tour. It was great to see a comparison. I sure don't want to be stuck out in the sun.

Barry, thanks for the info on the predator tour.

The artic tour is fun because at the end they take you to a building behind Shamu Stadium where they keep the penguins.
It's like walking into a freezer, 40 degrees, or something like that. You can stand it for 5 minutes or so, and the worker is used to it. But after that it's time to leave and thaw out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter