Beginning to panic.... the waiting is the hardest part!

tstewart

Earning My Ears
Just a mom needing to vent and hope for some insight! My DD had her phone interview on January 27th... like almost 50 days ago! She has been sitting "In Progress" since. Her first choice is FA. Kinda getting to panic mode here with waiting! Is this typical? She is willing to put off her last semester of college to do this program, which has been her "plan" for several years. We are wtill advising her to schedule for classes for the fall semester, but are hesitant to look for housing... Does Disney wait much longer in the process to accept for fall advantage??? It seems to my DD that "most" of the buzz on facebook is for fall... not fall advantage.
We are in limbo, as we assume hundreds of others are as well. Dear Disney, we are waiting for the magical dashboard to change... please hurry!

Waiting is indeed the worst part of the whole process. What is the last day they told your dd that she could hear? I know of several kids that heard on the very last possible day!!! Not so much fun. Hang in there.

I applied last season for the spring program on August 15th, had my phone interview on the 24th. unfortunately they kept me in progress until November 16th, two days until the last possible day to hear back, and NLIC'd me.
However, I saw a ton of people get accepted up until the last week as well so it could go either way!
I just had my phone interview for this program, fall 2017, about a week and a half ago and I'm playing the waiting game too... again, haha.
Good luck to your daughter I hope she gets her acceptance soon!

The last official day to hear anything back is April 14th or 15th, I believe. I know when the majority of kids did their phone interview, they were told they would find out most likely by late March.

Waiting really is the hardest part, good luck to your DD!

Was hoping for some "luck" today.:shamrock::sad2:...do they release waves over the weekend???
Same here! It feels like they're going to keep everyone waiting until the last possible second!
Anyways, from my experience and from what I've heard, I don't believe there are weekend waves... If there ever happens to be one they tend to be very VERY rare.
I believe the waves are most common on Wednesdays and Fridays, I don't know the reason why though. Also, I've heard from the facebook page not to expect anything at all for a few days because extensions are going out this week to all of the Spring/SA cast members wanting to extend their programs.
It seems like it's going to be a bit more waiting. :worried:

Well, it's good to know I'm not the only one. I had my interview over 3 weeks ago. And it went super well! So I'm like UGHHHH it's killling me!

I don't know if she heard back yet or not, but if it makes you feel any better- for Fall 2016, I had my PI on January 29th and got accepted on April 7! Anything is possible!! Sending positive thoughts your way!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!