Beginning Research DVC GF

JoJothemonkeygirl

Don't cruise yearly but it's always DCL!
Hi everyone, we are beginning our research and am curious if anyone knows the 2021 dollar amount per point for the GF 1 BR Villa . We would more than likely being vacationing in April or May.

Are you referring to renting? Dollar amount per point is the same regardless of villa size. You can check the broker sites for point charts and calculators, but average is about $20 per point through a broker, and about $18 per point private transaction through rental board here, social media pages, etc.
So looking at a random weeknight in May 2021 is 39 points/night for a VGF 1BR. 39x20= 780 per night.

This is posted in the purchasing forum. If you are trying to purchase a timeshare contract direct from Disney, GF is $255/point. Resale listings are in the neighborhood of $170-190 per point.

Last edited:
If you are thinking of purchasing a resale contract of GFV, you need to plan that at least 14-15 months before you want to use the contract. So start the purchase process right now, so you pass ROFR and own the contract by May to make an April reservation. If you are planning on renting a reservation, you need to contract either an owner with GFV points or a broker no later than 12 months out.

Thanks everyone. We are researching purchasing a timeshare contract and the info was very beneficial!

I own at the VGF and we stay in 1 br.s there - I love those villas.
In terms of calculating how many points you need to buy, do you care whether you stay in a standard v. a lake view, if lake you’ll need more points. Link to info. about resort layout FYI https://www.disboards.com/threads/vgf-villas-views-revised-07-22-2017.3192814/
I’ve stayed in both views, and for me the standard view 1 br.s are as good as the lake view villas, in fact we could see the MK HEA fireworks from our standard view balcony a couple of weeks ago.

I own at the VGF and we stay in 1 br.s there - I love those villas.
In terms of calculating how many points you need to buy, do you care whether you stay in a standard v. a lake view, if lake you’ll need more points. Link to info. about resort layout FYI https://www.disboards.com/threads/vgf-villas-views-revised-07-22-2017.3192814/
I’ve stayed in both views, and for me the standard view 1 br.s are as good as the lake view villas, in fact we could see the MK HEA fireworks from our standard view balcony a couple of weeks ago.
I prefer to stay in the standard views as well, but when purchasing, it can be smart to buy enough points for the Lake Views, because they will still be available after the SVs fill up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter