UPDATED in OP: Been to Jiko lately? What did you love (or not love)?

Aimeedyan

DIS Veteran
We decided to take advantage of the limited 20% AP discount and have dinner at Jiko tomorrow night - we last ate there 10+ years ago so it's been awhile! Last time, the filet and mac&cheese was the hit dish but I know it's changed some.

What dishes have you had recently that were delicious? Did you order anything you didn't love?

I may do appetizers for myself but DH will probably order an entree. We are not picky and love unique flavors.

Thanks for any recommendations!

UPDATE: Dinner last night was fantastic! Perhaps one of the best Disney dining experiences we've had - at least in many years. I'm frequently annoyed with Disney service and it was perfect. Truly a signature level experience.

I ordered the wild boar appetizer and elk confit flatbread as my meal, he ordered the filet with roasted veggies, and we ordered the bobotie mac & cheese to share. I can't say enough about how tasty everything was - ESPECIALLY the boar. It was easily one of the tastiest dishes I've had. His filet was tender and a fantastic cut (better than the Yachtsman cut we've had in the past). The flatbread was super spicy but very good. We both loved the mac & cheese - such a unique flavor profile!

(We skipped dessert - we were stuffed)

I would never have ordered the boar if y'all hadn't recommended it so THANK YOU. I'll be visiting again soon just for that!

Last edited:
We were just there less than two weeks ago and enjoyed everything we ordered. We started with the Taste of Africa, DH got the filet, I got the boar appetizer (this is pretty much my favorite dish anywhere) and we split the bobotie mac and cheese.

Last time we were there we just shared apps in the lounge, but we loved the Elk Flatbread and the Pork Tenderloin. I think its gone but if they have a Succotash Flatbread stay far, far away. It had the stinkiest cheese on it so it was almost inedible.

I was there, after many years, in 2018. It was great! We ordered the Taste of Africa (an assortment of African breads and spreads); Elk Loin, and a rib special of some sort. My only criticism is that the portions are light.

Jiko is by far our favorite restaurant at Disney and maybe even beyond...We were there over Christmas and went twice! For drinks we usually get the African Old Fashioned - the vanilla bean adds a really unique and special flavor.

We’ve only ever had one app at Jiko because it is that good - the wild boar app is phenomenal. I wish they made it in an entree size!

For entrees, we had the filet (still amazing, best on property with Narcoossee’s a close 2nd), the lamb shank (so tender, falls off the bone), the short rib (great flavor combinations, fork tender, not a fan of the new sides that come with this though), and the buffalo rib roast (I believe this was a holiday special - very good but not as good as our other entrees). Another favorite is the elk loin, which was off the limited holiday menu but should be back on.

Favorite dessert is Mt. Kilimanjaro - such a unique combination of flavors and textures, and not too sweet.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
I can be weird about meat sometimes, but was surprised by how delicious the boar appetizer and elk entree were. I ordered a vegetarian entree (I am not vegetarian, it just sounded good). I think it had koki corn in the title? It was so incredibly delicious! I had scallops on the side, which weren't bad, but just not as fantastic. We loved the presentation of the desserts, but did think we had better desserts elsewhere.

I can be weird about meat sometimes, but was surprised by how delicious the boar appetizer and elk entree were. I ordered a vegetarian entree (I am not vegetarian, it just sounded good). I think it had koki corn in the title? It was so incredibly delicious! I had scallops on the side, which weren't bad, but just not as fantastic. We loved the presentation of the desserts, but did think we had better desserts elsewhere.

As much as I love Jiko, I also am not a huge fan of the desserts, many people love them, but I have never been a fan over the years we have been going so I hardly even look at that menu anymore.

I had the koki corn and it was OUTSTANDING and the Malva Pudding, which is also greatness.

We had the Taste of Africa and I think the cheese board, too? Husband had the waygu and loved it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter