Beds in cabins?

disneyfan123

He got my hubbies steak once
We just got called that our 2 bedroom at Grand Floridian that we are checking into has engineering issues and they are wanting to put us in a cabin at the wilderness lodge. We were so excited for Grand Floridian. Any insight into the beds in the living room? Our 11 year old and 17 year old are sleeping there and the beds don’t look as good.

If it's a cabin at the Wilderness Lodge, there are 2 bedrooms plus a sleep sofa and a sleep chair in the living room. I'd take the WL over the GF anyday! Mammoth Club and WDWNT both have recent videos on YouTube that feature walk throughs of the cabins.

If it's a cabin at the Wilderness Lodge, there are 2 bedrooms plus a sleep sofa and a sleep chair in the living room. I'd take the WL over the GF anyday! Mammoth Club and WDWNT both have recent videos on YouTube that feature walk throughs of the cabins.

I looked at pictures and I'd love to be relocated there.

While I prefer the murphy beds better than the sofa beds, I would definitely prefer the Cascade Cabin overall compared to the 2-bedroom GF. All personal preferences of course - if you're looking at sleeping two kids in the living room, the difference in comfort between a sofa bed and murphy bed may not be all that much (kids being smaller and weighing less). The sofa bed is a queen, so could be shared by two - or one kid could use the pull out sleeper chair instead - which is probably roughly equivalent to the under-TV flip-down bed in size and comfort. Overall, I like the giant screened patio, outdoor hot tub, and general ambiance of the cabin - though you can see how much they can fill your request to be closer to the Lodge as some of the cabins way down the end are quite a walk. The cabins over on the Boulder Ridge side are also my preference, being an easier walk to the bus stop, pool, and the outdoor restaurant.

Yes correct! We were on a DVC stay 2 bedroom at VGF. They are moving us to a cabin at CCV.
The Cascade cabin has a master bedroom with a king bed. The second bedroom has a queen bed and a pull-down bed, which is not exactly a real bed but should fit your 11-year-old. The living room has a sofa bed.

The second bedroom isn't great, but the rest of the cabin is fantastic. :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter