Bedroom Themes/Ideas

hffmnheidi

Mouseketeer
I am moving into the basement of my parents house. It's a large space which is going to be dividing by a tension rod and tab top curtains. One side will be the bedroom portion and the other will be the living space with my desk/living room area.

Now, I want to have a Disney theme. I already plan to have 11 by 6 framed photos of the Disney Park Icons on the walls of the living room side.

For the bedroom, I was thinking either a Grand Floridian theme or an Animal Kingdom Lodge theme. Which would be easier to do (budget)? We have a Gordmans, so I've seen a lot of stuff there for either theme.

Any opinions?

Those are two very different looks. It depends on your preferences I guess. Is the basement dark? If it is a typical basement you may not have a lot of natural lighting which may be even darker with an AK theme. However that being said you could probably find tons of animal related items at local thrift shops, Tuesday mornings, TJMaxx etc.

As for me, although I tend to love AK, BUT... I think the bright and light colors of the GF would be better suited for a basement bedroom. Are you thinking of white, with that rusty/red roof color as an accent? Or the theme of the Floridian's lobby, creamy white with sage green and peachy tones? Either one would be fun and light! Plus it wouldn't necessarily be noticebly Disney either. You could get a white lace bedspread with pale green walls, add some lacy peach print pillows that have green in them, add a few silk plants (no prob with missing light :)) a Victorian looking lamp and some picture frames that are a bit ornate. All this can probably be found rather cheaply at WalMart, TJMaxx, and again at a thrift store (pic frame, decorations etc). Even if space allows a little chair with a table with tablecloth and lamp would follow the theme.

anyway don't know if that helped or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter