• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beating the heat with a 2 year old

TammyPB

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

We're going to Disney next week. I'm worried about my 2-year-old son in the heat. We're from San Diego, so he's not used to that kind of heat, and he seems to get hot really easy.

I know about taking lots of breaks and taking the afternoons off. In fact, I don't see us being at the parks for more than 3 hours at a time. We'll be spending a ton of time at Stormalong Bay.

I'm looking for tips to keep him cool in his stroller when we're at the parks. I bought a mister fan, so that will help. I read about someone putting some sort of freezer pack in their stroller, but I just can't remember what she said it was or how to find one. Are there any other unique ideas?

Thanks!
Tammy

Use FP as much as possible. That will keep you from standing still in hot lines. Even though most of the lines aren't in the sun, they're still hot since the people are standing so close to each other.

You'll need to plan ahead a little to use FP if you plan to leave the park in the middle of the day. When you get to the parks first thing in the morning, get a FP for a ride that generally has long return times, since return times are significantly less first thing in the morning. Fortunately, most of the rides with long return times are ones your 2 year old isn't likely to ride, but you may still want to. RnR, ToT, TT, and Pooh are all rides that fit this classification.

Plan to see long, cool shows and attractions if you're in the parks when it's still pretty hot.

Hi Tammy
We're taking our 6mth old and I have been reading up on how to keep her cool as well, being from the UK she definitely isn't used to heat. I can remember that thread about freezer packs I think she called them gel packs, she wrapped them in a towel and placed them behind the child's back. The other tips I have picked up is to place a white towel in the stroller and one on the canopy, with most strollers being a dark colour it attracts the heat this helps to keep them cool. A stroller fan and umbrella. HTH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter