• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beach Club Villas to Disney's Hollywood Studios Question

I would take the skyliner, 100%. It runs constantly so there's no waiting for a boat to arrive. It's relaxing and I think the switch at carribean beach is simple and fast. And it will be running in plenty of time to get there for the extra magic hours in the morning. However, if you want to be among the very first people to scan into HS (more than an hour before EH begins) I would walk.
This is great to know! Thank you!!

Be sure to walk to the Yacht & Beach boat dock, don’t backtrack to the IG boat dock even though it’s a shorter walk from BCV. The boat goes from IG to BW and then to Yacht & Beach, and catching the boat at IG adds at least 10 minutes to the ride, maybe more depending on how long it takes to load at BW.
This is very helpful!

I would take the skyliner 100 times out of 100.

The skyliner station is a 3 minute walk from BCV, then about a 17 minute ride with a change of cabs in the middle. And the DHS skyliner station is right near the park entrance.

The walk from BCV to HS is more than a mile. Yes you can probably get there faster than Skyliner, especially if power walking. But IMO much better to ride in comfort at the start of what will already be strenuous day.

Boat is neither convenient nor fast. Only take that if you're more interested in the scenic journey with no concern over how long it takes to get there.

Lets see the average person walks 3-4 miles per hour so 15-20 minute walk. Faster if you walk alot.
The boat is faster maybe moves at maybe 15 miles an hour but the stops take about 5 minutes each plus waiting.
The walk to the skyliner plus the walk up the ramp and the transfer plus the waits although usually fast but there are the slowdowns of the skyliner.
The walk for most will be the fastest for many if the 10 minutes matter that much.
BUT we had family staying at SSR we stayed BW -Closer walk + had a side exit below out room to the walking path- we left our rooms about the same time and arrived within 2 minutes with us being there first so if you want to get there faster then and method from BC take a bus from SSR.

BWV owner. If I am trying to make it for rope drop, and If I have a walking option vs, any other transportation, I always walk. And here’s why. I can’t tell you how many times the other options have had some type of glitch: long line at boat dock first thing in the morning, skyliner goes down and I’m at the turn, just missed a bus and am waiting for the next one, etc. Your situation is different as your group doesn’t want to walk, but our group doesn’t like to wait. We are impatient folk 😂. Returning is a different story 😉

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter