Beach Club Villas or Old Key West or Animal Kingdom

Weezie1957

Earning My Ears
We are coming to Disney World the first week in October with a 10 year old. Never having stayed at any of the DVC resorts we are trying to make a decision. After much research, we think we would like to be at one of the three (BCV-OKW-AK). For the four nights we will be there, OKW is 40% cheaper than the other two. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

My personal choice of those three resorts would be Beach Club, simply because it's within walking distance of both Epcot and DHS, practically next door to the new Skyliner system, and the pool is fantastic! The 10 year old would no doubt love the pool. The Food and Wine Festival at Epcot will be going on during your visit too which would make it a no brainer for me.

I would pick BCV as well. You will have incredibly easy access to both EP and DHS, a great pool and the villas are also quite close to the bus stop to access transportation to AK and MK. You are also within walking distance to the entertainment on the Boardwalk in the evenings, which is a lot of fun. OKW isn't very central to the action at all and though AKV is beautiful, the pool isn't great for an older kid and it's fairly remote to all parks except AK.

Another vote for BCV over the other two.

The location is perfect for quick trips to EPCOT and DS. The pool would be awesome for a 10 year old. There is so much action around the EPCOT resorts, you could easily walk over to the BW area and enjoy the nightly entertainment.

I really like AKL, never stayed at a Villa, but it's super quiet and we like action.

I have never stayed at OWK. We have never thought it as the theme does not appeal.

There is a reason OKW is the cheapest. I would 100% choose BCV. AKV is just too isolated for me and OKW is such a big resort. The bus has multiple internal stops so unless you’re renting a car I wouldn’t recommend it. Plus the pool at BCV is by far the best.

We love all three resorts. I think it depends on what type of trip you have planned. If you plan to spend a lot of time at Food and Wine, BCV is the best option. AKL is a really beautiful resort. We love OKW. It’s peaceful and relaxing. If you’ll be spending a lot of time at the resort, it’s a great choice. The 1&2 bedrooms are very spacious and have great balconies.

Are you booking directly with Disney or booking using DVC points by renting? If you plan on renting points, you need to hurry because October is prime DVC time. What size villa are you booking? If you get a studio, OKW will be the only one with two real queen beds. BCV will have one queen bed, one double sleeper sofa and a bunk sized murphy bed that folds down under the television. AKV will have one queen bed and one double sleeper sofa.

If you are looking at a one bedroom villa, they will have one king bed in the master bedroom and one queen sleeper sofa in the living room. In addition, OKW and AKV will have a twin sized sleeper chair in the living room. If you somehow manage to get a value one bedroom villa at Jambo House, it won't have the twin sleeper chair. OKW

OKW will have the most room of any of the three villas. Most of the buildings there won't have an elevator and you'll be taking stairs if you get a second or third floor villa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter