Beach Club studio, what to request?

shortypots

DIS Veteran
So for a room location, what should I request? Only going for 2 days, so curious as to what I should be requesting. Only have a studio on this trip. We would like to be as close to epcot as possible.

TIA!!

We were just at BCV last week & had villa 469. The balcony view was of Epcot and we could hear the "Mine" birds from the Nemo ride while outside! Illuminations were visible at night, but they were slightly to the right hand side of the balcony and not directly ahead.

All in all 469, was a nice clean room with the full balcony. The only downside it was located at the very end of the hall with a long walk to/from the elevator. My family was a little worn out from SAB and would have preferred to be closer to an elevator.

then ask to be close to BC. facing Epcot.

Agreed.

OP, check out this map of the villas. you'll notice that there's a path around the outside of the resort on the Epcot side (starting underneath the word "Villas"). As spiceycat pointed out, if you're on the Epcot side and as close to the Beach Club as possible, you can just walk out the door & down that path to Epcot, instead of having to go through through the main Beach Club lobby.

yacht-beach-club-disney-map.jpg

Only there is no Epcot view category. You can request woods, garden, pool, but not Epcot. If you get woods, you might get Epcot, but you might get the road and you might get just the noise from Epcot but no view of Epcot.

That's ok, not worried about the view of epcot since we will only be there two days. We are just thrilled our waitlist came through!!! Now if we could only get the other one to come through too!!! hehe

I requested close to the beach club on the epcot side. Will let you know in a few months if we get it!

Last December, I had a studio on the 3rd floor, with a direct view of the pool. From my balcony, I saw the dunes, pool and villa architecture. Collectively, these elements truly made me feel as if I was in Cape May, NJ during the holidays. Needless to say, I thoroughly enjoyed my balcony time.

Last December, I had a studio on the 3rd floor, with a direct view of the pool. From my balcony, I saw the dunes, pool and villa architecture. Collectively, these elements truly made me feel as if I was in Cape May, NJ during the holidays. Needless to say, I thoroughly enjoyed my balcony time.

If this is the view that also has the canal view it was one of my favorites too. The lights sparkling at night off the canal made me smile!

We stayed in a studio at BCV in April. I only check off the requests that are on the online checkin form vs faxing/calling. I picked 'near elevator', and 'large balcony'. We were very happy with our placement. Ended up on the 4th floor, about 4 rooms from the first elevator (near the laundry!), and with a big balcony overlooking the pool/canal. That wing put us closer to the walking path for Epcot.

Hi all - So I sent my email to DVC with my room request (Epcot View) & below is their answer. Any ideas on how to proceed? Thanks!

We are unable to request an EPCOT® View at DISNEY'S BEACH CLUB Villas.
Due to the construction of Soarin', the view of Spaceship Earth and
IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth fireworks that once existed at
DISNEY’S BEACH CLUB Villas no longer exists. The rooms in this area are
now considered a garden/woods view since the Soarin' show building now
blocks the view of Spaceship Earth. If you would like to receive a room
in this general area of the resort, you are able to request a room that
ends in either -53 through -77. For example, rooms on the first floor
would be 153 - 177, second floor would be 253 - 277, etc. In case you
are not aware, there are five total floors in this section of the
resort. Please note that while the Front Desk will make every effort to
accommodate special requests, they cannot be guaranteed.

Hi all - So I sent my email to DVC with my room request (Epcot View) & below is their answer. Any ideas on how to proceed? Thanks!

I would do what they suggest if that's the view you want. I guess I don't understand the question.

They haven't taken Epcot view requests for a few years, so that is correct.

So you missed my post on June 6 in this thread where I stated there is no Epcot view.

Change the request to near BC, like PP said, it will get you closer to Epcot. Epcot view was the wrong phrase to use because there's no such thing as Epcot view anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter