Beach Club or Boardwalk?

StacyStrong

DIS Veteran
We are trying to decide between staying in a 2 bedroom DVC Villa at either Beach Club or Boardwalk

Which would you choose and why?

There will be 4 adults. (We will only go 1 bedroom if we can't get a 2)

We are trying to decide between staying in a 2 bedroom DVC Villa at either Beach Club or Boardwalk

Which would you choose and why?

There will be 4 adults. (We will only go 1 bedroom if we can't get a 2)
Renting or are you an owner? Your decision may end up being made for you based on availability.

All 2-bedroom villas at BWV are lockoffs, meaning that they are a 1-bedroom villa + a studio. The studios at all DVC resorts are popular and book up quickly, which means that getting a 2-bedroom villa at BWV will be more difficult than getting one at BCV where there are a number of dedicated 2-bedroom villas.

BCV also has arguably the best pool on property, shorter hallways, is closer to Epcot and has an actual food court. BWV has the scary clown pool, better views and is closer to HS.

BWV is my home resort, so I'm a little biased and would choose it. But you cannot go wrong with either one.

Renting or are you an owner? Your decision may end up being made for you based on availability.

All 2-bedroom villas at BWV are lockoffs, meaning that they are a 1-bedroom villa + a studio. The studios at all DVC resorts are popular and book up quickly, which means that getting a 2-bedroom villa at BWV will be more difficult than getting one at BCV where there are a number of dedicated 2-bedroom villas.

BCV also has arguably the best pool on property, shorter hallways, is closer to Epcot and has an actual food court. BWV has the scary clown pool, better views and is closer to HS.

BWV is my home resort, so I'm a little biased and would choose it. But you cannot go wrong with either one.

My friend is an owner. Home resort is BWV.

Thank you for the detailed! BC rooms look slightly nicer to me, a little more updated? Is that accurate?

My friend is an owner. Home resort is BWV.

Thank you for the detailed! BC rooms look slightly nicer to me, a little more updated? Is that accurate?
Both were refurbished around the same time.

ETA: Your friend can book BWV as early as 11 months prior to arrival. They would have to wait until 7 months prior to arrival to book anything that is open at BCV.

Okay thanks!

We could book BWV now, but would have to wait a week or two for BCV, so I guess we will just go with what's available.

We are looking at an April 3rd or 4th arrival, so hoping to book soon.
Once the 7-month booking window opens, getting either BWV or BCV will become more difficult. People who own at resorts that are not "near park" often try to get BWV (low point requirements) or BCV (for SAB) plus the easy walk to two parks. I hope your friend can take care of your reservation soon.

We're BCV owners, but never turn down a stay at BW. For four adults, you have more adult entertainment at the BW with Jellyrolls, Big River Brewing, and Abracadabar, but EPCOT is right in your backyard at BCV. Not a bad dilemma to have!

Once the 7-month booking window opens, getting either BWV or BCV will become more difficult. People who own at resorts that are not "near park" often try to get BWV (low point requirements) or BCV (for SAB) plus the easy walk to two parks. I hope your friend can take care of your reservation soon.
She is calling next week about her points at BW and if she can't book then for whatever reason, she will book the second the 7month window opens. If we have to stay elsewhere, that's fine.

We have a lot of upcoming trips planned!

She is calling next week about her points at BW and if she can't book then for whatever reason, she will book the second the 7month window opens. If we have to stay elsewhere, that's fine.

We have a lot of upcoming trips planned!
She doesn't need to call if her points are all under one Member ID. She should be able to book it online. She gets a one hour headstart on owners booking by calling Member Services by doing it online since online booking opens one hour before MS.

She doesn't need to call if her points are all under one Member ID. She should be able to book it online. She gets a one hour headstart on owners booking by calling Member Services by doing it online since online booking opens one hour before MS.
She needs one time use add on points and has a couple questions.

UPDATE

I'm very excited. We are booked in a 2 bedroom villa at BoardWalk from April 5th-9th and a one bedroom villa the 9th-10th.

We will call when the 7 month window opens to see if we can upgrade to a 2bedroom (we are a few points shy). If not, no big deal for one night

Wooooooooo

Thank you!!! I've never stayed there! I'm beyond excited.

It'll certainly be a step up from my AoA LM stay this December ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter