Beach Club Availability

Is beach club really all that? I've never even been there, let alone stayed there. I just feel like for the points I'd rather stay at something a little easier to get into and not worry about it.

Many people love it and would rather stay nowhere but BC/BCV. Most owners who have bought BCV in the last 10 years bought the points to use ONLY at BCV, which increases difficulty for those who bought elsewhere wanting to try it at some point, or who believed a lie about 7 month bookings from a direct guide.

Is beach club really all that? I've never even been there, let alone stayed there. I just feel like for the points I'd rather stay at something a little easier to get into and not worry about it.

It doesn't have a lot of appeal to me over BWV - in fact none. But its pool is a huge draw for certain people. Other people love the theme. And there are bunches of people for whom either BWV/BCV is about an easy walk to Epcot - and a little farther to the Studios (that's the biggest draw for us - we are BWV owners). Surveys we've run here say that most people who own BWV or BCV tend to stay at BWV or BCV with those points booking during the home resort window. And its backed up by the prices people are willing to pay for a resale contract there - after all, you wouldn't by a BCV contract at that high price with a shorter contract life and then spend most of your vacations at Kidani. And the question that caused this debate was "will Riveria change booking patterns." For it to change booking patterns, it would have to tempt a significant number of BCV and BWV owners away from their home resort - where they get bargain nights compared to RIV and they have the attachment of home.

So let me rephrase the statement that caused so much "but, but" - "I don't see much other than novelty that is going to tempt BWV/BCV owner to stay at Riviera often enough to change BCV/BWV booking patterns - and novelty will be a single trip" - Certainly there isn't anything there that currently tempts me to use my BWV points. If other BWV/BCV owners would like to tell me if I'm right or wrong, that they intend to use their BWV/BCV points a significant amount of time at Riviera, I'll believe I'm wrong. I'd be shocked if I was. The point economy just doesn't work, I have a BWV stay sized contract - and mine is big compared to the "BWV Standard Studio sized contract" that many people bought to supplement their resale for perks.

It doesn't have a lot of appeal to me over BWV - in fact none. But its pool is a huge draw for certain people. Other people love the theme. And there are bunches of people for whom either BWV/BCV is about an easy walk to Epcot - and a little farther to the Studios (that's the biggest draw for us - we are BWV owners). Surveys we've run here say that most people who own BWV or BCV tend to stay at BWV or BCV with those points booking during the home resort window. And its backed up by the prices people are willing to pay for a resale contract there - after all, you wouldn't by a BCV contract at that high price with a shorter contract life and then spend most of your vacations at Kidani. And the question that caused this debate was "will Riveria change booking patterns." For it to change booking patterns, it would have to tempt a significant number of BCV and BWV owners away from their home resort - where they get bargain nights compared to RIV and they have the attachment of home.

So let me rephrase the statement that caused so much "but, but" - "I don't see much other than novelty that is going to tempt BWV/BCV owner to stay at Riviera often enough to change BCV/BWV booking patterns - and novelty will be a single trip" - Certainly there isn't anything there that currently tempts me to use my BWV points. If other BWV/BCV owners would like to tell me if I'm right or wrong, that they intend to use their BWV/BCV points a significant amount of time at Riviera, I'll believe I'm wrong. I'd be shocked if I was. The point economy just doesn't work, I have a BWV stay sized contract - and mine is big compared to the "BWV Standard Studio sized contract" that many people bought to supplement their resale for perks.

I can say, as both a BWV owner and RIV owner, that you are spot on in terms of my use of BWV points. Those will still be used to stay there for things like Food and Wine as well as times when the guests I am with want to be in that area.

So, I agree, that RIV won’t be competing to change it for owners at BWV or BCV. I think what it will do is give other home resort owners a third choice for staying in the Epcot area, I wonder if this will play a role in possibly the 7 month or less window getting those resorts?

Maybe not so much BCV as the draw there is SAB, but maybe BWV pool and garden view rooms?

Then again, the points charts at RIV are more so it will all depend on how well Liked RIV is over it. I can see a family with young children possibly trading into RIV as a choice over BWV if they can handle the point difference because the Skyliner.

But, for owners, no, I don’t see it impacting that at all.

So, I agree, that RIV won’t be competing to change it for owners at BWV or BCV. I think what it will do is give other home resort owners a third choice for staying in the Epcot area, I wonder if this will play a role in possibly the 7 month or less window getting those resorts?

Maybe not so much BCV as the draw there is SAB, but maybe BWV pool and garden view rooms?

Then again, the points charts at RIV are more so it will all depend on how well Liked RIV is over it. I can see a family with young children possibly trading into RIV as a choice over BWV if they can handle the point difference because the Skyliner.

But, for owners, no, I don’t see it impacting that at all.

I see the Skyliner as a negative, not a positive. I'm sort of a plan for the worst, hope for the best person and there is no way I'd risk being stuck on the skyliner for any amount of time over ten minutes due to a breakdown - ESPECIALLY with kids. And when my kids were an age to be excited about the Skyliner, point conservation was really important, because the kids would rather have more days than a Skyliner. I could be wrong, but I think that for most people, when planning on switching at seven months to an Epcot area resort their first choice will be BCV, second choice will be BWV and third choice will be RIV - which means no change in patterns.

I see the Skyliner as a negative, not a positive. I'm sort of a plan for the worst, hope for the best person and there is no way I'd risk being stuck on the skyliner for any amount of time over ten minutes due to a breakdown - ESPECIALLY with kids. And when my kids were an age to be excited about the Skyliner, point conservation was really important, because the kids would rather have more days than a Skyliner. I could be wrong, but I think that for most people, when planning on switching at seven months to an Epcot area resort their first choice will be BCV, second choice will be BWV and third choice will be RIV - which means no change in patterns.

Im just basing it on my own thoughts and my son who has two small children and who is very excited about it. I also visited last year with guests who walking to Epcot was difficult and we ended up taking the boats..even though I love the walk. So, I can see the Skyliner being a better option than a boat or bus. I hate the buses and use Uber or Lyft to avoid them.

I am not sure I agree that RIV will be a resort of last resort when choosing for those trading. I think only time will tell. We stayed at BCV once and never been back,

So, I think only time will tell in terms of people choosing RIV because, In addition to the Skyliner, I believe they fit 5 in studios and BWV and BCV at this time do not. Too many factors yet to know.

Beach club is an older resort, and consequently less point hungry if anything else, so I dont understand your "for the points" comment.
You can walk to Epcot, easy boat to HS. Walk to the BW for night activities.
Outside of the monorail resorts, I would say BC and BW are the most accessible. And, considering their proximity to two parks, perhaps the most.
SAB is probably the best pool at disney.
I love it for that, and its casual feel.

That being said, like any other resort its not for everyone. If you are all about MK, then BLT, PVB, VGF and CCV and BRV are better choices.
Also the rooms have views that are nothing to write home about.

It is certainly a too each their own thing.

So, I think only time will tell in terms of people choosing RIV because, In addition to the Skyliner, I believe they fit 5 in studios and BWV and BCV at this time do not. Too many factors yet to know.
Not expressing opinions between the resorts here, but RIV, BWV, and BCV all have sleeping surfaces for 5 in a studio (since their last rehab). All allow 5 in a 1 bedroom (if booked on points for BWV and BCV) but only RIV has sleeping surfaces for 5. The big differences on sleeping is RIV rooms are larger and the murphy bed instead of sofa bed (BWV and BCV have a long time until a full hard goods refurb to be upgraded) and the murphy bed is queen sized not a double..

Not expressing opinions between the resorts here, but RIV, BWV, and BCV all have sleeping surfaces for 5 in a studio (since their last rehab). All allow 5 in a 1 bedroom (if booked on points for BWV and BCV) but only RIV has sleeping surfaces for 5. The big advantage on sleeping is RIV rooms are larger and the murphy bed instead of sofa bed (BWV and BCV have a long time until a full hard goods refurb to be upgraded) and the murphy bed is queen sized not a double..

Thanks for clarifying. I couldn’t remember if the studios had been changed.

Like I said, I think choices of resorts, once RiIv opens, remains to be seen I terms of its impact on people changing to the area. I believe that RIV could have an impact on booking BWV. For non resort owners.

Personally, I would choose RiV over BWV garden view to use my SSR points when Staying myself or with my guests, To be fair, I have enough points to book preferred and if my goal was conserving points, I’d just stay at SSR.

But, original question was if RiV could impact booking and my opinion is it could play a role at BWV garden view rooms for non resort owners. I doubt it will impact BCV because a lot like the pool, even though our family isn’t a fan of that resort,

Beach club is an older resort, and consequently less point hungry if anything else, so I dont understand your "for the points" comment.
You can walk to Epcot, easy boat to HS. Walk to the BW for night activities.
Outside of the monorail resorts, I would say BC and BW are the most accessible. And, considering their proximity to two parks, perhaps the most.
SAB is probably the best pool at disney.
I love it for that, and its casual feel.

That being said, like any other resort its not for everyone. If you are all about MK, then BLT, PVB, VGF and CCV and BRV are better choices.
Also the rooms have views that are nothing to write home about.

It is certainly a too each their own thing.

As far as "for the points" What I mean is I can get into beach club as cheap as 15 a night, while Old Key West I can get in for 10, Boardwalk I can get in for 10, bay lake tower 14 (adventure season of course) I even hit the lottery one time and got into a value studio at AKL for 4 consecutive nights with my SSR points!

I know that its hard to get some of these rooms, but I've seen them just casually browsing more than I see beach club.

As far as "for the points" What I mean is I can get into beach club as cheap as 15 a night, while Old Key West I can get in for 10, Boardwalk I can get in for 10, bay lake tower 14 (adventure season of course) I even hit the lottery one time and got into a value studio at AKL for 4 consecutive nights with my SSR points!

1. Your BWV "for 10" assumes you can get BWV Standard. You aren't getting that unless you own Boardwalk points.

2. You are also assuming you can get a Standard Studio at BLT in Adventure Season. Maybe a night. Or a waitlist. Certainly not at 7 months for any length of time.

3. In that sense, they are both like BCV in that you have to own there to be there.

4. OKW cannot walk to two parks. Or one.

1. Your BWV "for 10" assumes you can get BWV Standard. You aren't getting that unless you own Boardwalk points.

2. You are also assuming you can get a Standard Studio at BLT in Adventure Season. Maybe a night. Or a waitlist. Certainly not at 7 months for any length of time.

3. In that sense, they are both like BCV in that you have to own there to be there.

That's why I asked the question. Thanks for your help :)

^^^^^ THIS

Part of my point I want to make sure isn't missed is that anecdotally, while yes its hard to get those rooms, I have seen them all at least just as often as I see studios at beach club.

I know it had an incident in it's first week of operation, but lets assume they fix whatever bug it was, and there are no more major incidents over the next year or two. Is riding the skyliner any different than riding any ride at WDW? You can just as easily be stuck on any of them. Many of them are high in the air. Is getting stuck on the skyliner much worst than being stuck on Space Mountain, People Mover, Rock N Roller Coaster, Peter Pan's Flight, or whatever else?

I know it had an incident in it's first week of operation, but lets assume they fix whatever bug it was, and there are no more major incidents over the next year or two. Is riding the skyliner any different than riding any ride at WDW? You can just as easily be stuck on any of them. Many of them are high in the air. Is getting stuck on the skyliner much worst than being stuck on Space Mountain, People Mover, Rock N Roller Coaster, Peter Pan's Flight, or whatever else?

In my opinion it is. Because its a water evacuation you can be expected to get stuck for much longer. And because it isn't an attraction, but instead a means of transportation from one place to another, it needs to be reliable. I can choose not to take my just toilet trained preschooler onto Space Mountain (they probably aren't tall enough anyway). Getting stuck on the monorail or bus sucks as well, but its fairly easy to get evacuated from the monorail or bus, and those are airconditioned. But I was stuck on the old WDW Skyway way back when, and have some bad memories.

Stop trying to talk sense to people...don't you know that the interwebs have decided once and for all that (1) the Skyliner is the worst thing ever and will forever be considered a failure (even though 99% of the people who think this have yet to see it in person). And (2) the Riviera is the worst hotel known to man (even though 100% of people who think this have yet to see it). :rotfl2:

I can understand that it's not going to appeal to a lot of people for a lot of valid reasons but how is it an overall negative to WDW? Even if you never ride it, Won't the fact that it will be taking thousands of people off of the buses, boats and roads actually improve your experience in the parks? Sounds like an overall positive to me...

We aren't big fans, mainly because of the pool that some people love. SAB gets very, VERY crowded, and it is accepted that you will need to stake out lounge chairs early in the morning, else stalk the area during the day. For us, pools should be fun & relaxing, not akin to a public pool on July 4th o_O The resort itself it quite pretty, but again, very noisy (the Yacht Club side is nicer, IMHO).
Of course, everyone is different, but we own BWV, Riviera, SSR, and BCV, and BCV is the only one we will likely ever sell.

OK, even if you ignore the "new" part, you are still getting an objectively bigger and better room. For those 10-20% of additional points, you get 20% more space, a 2nd bath and a 2nd real bed. How can those extras be worth zero points? It's fine if you personally don't put any value on those extras, but larger families who spend more time in their resorts would, so there is logic in the higher points.
One word: skyliner. For me this is not bigger and better. I’d much rather be able to walk to Epcot (and stay for less points).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!