Beach Blanket Needed???

BunnyV

Earning My Ears
I am just wondering if we need to bring something for the beach. We have Neat Seats, which are like waterproof blankets and we didn't know whether we should pack them or not. We plan on going to 7 mile beach, Mr. Sanchos and of couse Castaway and didn't know whether there are beach chairs at any of them.
Can you tell we don't get out much :)
Thanks so much for all of your help with all of my questions.
Bunny from Ohio

Bumping -- I am still wondering if I want to take up luggage room.
Someone please help :)
Do we also get towels when we leave the ship?
Thanks
Bunny

Hi,
I just got back from the 3/30 Wonder - there were tons of beach chairs - we didn't get out there early so we had to walk a good ways to get some, but never the less they were there! They also give you towels as you get off the ship - they are typical hotel towels - not the biggest in the world - but we got two each - and the best part is that you drop them in the towel bins when you get back on the ship! Ditto for towels at the pools too - just get fresh ones and dump the wet ones! Gotta love it!
Carol

There are also towels available when you get off at the other ports, for shore/beach excursions I guess. We went to the beach ourselves-but did take the towels with. When we returned we dumped the towels in the bins that were outside the ship. I don't see a problem with taking the towelsl if on your own, if that was a no-no they would ony had them out to people on excursions. But please remember to bring back, or I'm sure the policy would change if they were losing too many.

We're on the 5/10 Western and I bought a Neat Sheet since we'll be visiting 3 beaches. When we sailed in May 2001 we just brought the ships towels but they are small to try and lay down on and then dry off. With 4 of us I think it's worth the space in the luggage. As I write this I'm thinking that I probably won't bring it ashore at CC, but for Cozumel and Gr Cayman it will be with us.

Thank you for all the replies, I wondered about using the towels and then drying off with them -- A little sandy-- I would think
I will put the neat sheet in the luggage! To bad it doesn't fold up as small as from the factory :)
Bunny

For those who decide that they want to stay on the ship while at Castaway Cay - get your towels the night before because I will guarantee it, there will not be one towel available on the ship when you dock!

Happened to us once and then we wised up!!!

Rae

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter