Be Safe with Dorian

SorcererHeidi

Sorcerer please cast forever love spell for me
To all my friends who might be impacted by the storm in the future, whether you are locals in a possibly impacted state, are traveling in or out, or have fiends and relatives who might be impacted, I am thinking of, and sending caring thoughts, and hugs your way!

She's lining us up , but still has some variance in the GFS and European models. I finished my shopping late last night (now the challenge of not eating my hurricane snacks begins).

Gas stations are packed and many pumps are empty. I loaded up yesterday and filled a couple of extra jugs just in case we're out for an extended period of time.

The silver lining? Well, I never did clean up some of my trees on the back of my property that came down from Irma, so now they'll probably have some fresh "brothers and sisters" joining them. :)

On a positive note, we were at Disney during Hurricane Wilma back in October of 2005. Morning of the hurricane they did alot for the folks at the resorts, and had characters show up to entertain the kids. We were staying at the Coronado at the time, kids had a ball. Parks opened late the day after the Hurricane passed, if I recall correctly maybe around noon. Basically we went as soon as the parks opened that day, and the Magic Kingdom was a ghost town, we walked on every ride, and the weather was amazing, cool, no humidity, and a beautiful blue sky. Hopefully Dorian misses Florida and goes out to sea, but if not probably no place better to be than at Disney!!

Stay safe everyone! As someone who shared his story of being stuck in WDW during Hurrican Irma, I wouldn't worry too much. Disney takes care of you very well!

Current track has it going up the east coast. We're not in the clear, but it is looking like we'll just have some heavy winds and rain for a few days. But who knows with these things. I'm surprised at how slow it is moving. We were supposed to get the worst in Tampa Bay on Sunday night and now they are saying Tuesday.

We're in Melbourne and planned to ride it out, but it isn't looking good now. We might be driving over to WDW tomorrow and staying through Wednesday.

John, Kevin and Tracey did a great Dreams podcast that had some sensible hurricane info about Orlando. I felt like it was worth a re-listen as the news cycle picked up and listened to it again this week. I recommend it to anyone planning trips during hurricane season.
Now cruise wise, I am all about abundance of caution and not taking risks. But I think Orlando will be okay. Though I still keep my thoughts with the locals and am so sorry for those missing long awaited vacations.

For those at WDW tonight:

Nighttime Entertainment Adjustments

• Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom Park will continue as scheduled Monday, Sept. 2, however, due to high winds, a modified version of Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular show will be presented.
  • IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth at Epcot has been canceled on Monday, Sept. 2.
  • Disney’s Hollywood Studios will present a modified version of Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular on Monday, Sept. 2.
  • The 9:30 p.m. Rivers of Light show has been canceled at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park on Monday, Sept. 2.

Just have to say how cool I think it is that we have so many helpful posters here, sharing up to date info, and support with each other. Definitely feels like a community when something like that happens organically. :)

Saw a CNBC article that said all CM's on Castaway Cay are OK, don't know about the island itself. I was relieve to see that, I was wondering about them.

Well, we got a few "wallops" this afternoon, but nothing that shook us yet. Tonight is the challenge as those pesky bands continue to make their way to central Florida. Bathtubs are filled, gas stocked and satellite dish removed (and exterior window shades).

Time for all of us to blow Dorian east!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter