Be Our Guest - Preorder DDP & OOP?

nate538

Earning My Ears
Hi All,

We're going in 3 days! Yikes. I mean, Yippee! This is only my 2nd post, so bear with me.

We have a PPO ADR for BOG this Sunday. Party of 10. We'd like to use DDP credits for the 6 adults but pay OOP for the 4 kids.

If I understand correctly, this won't work with preorder. Is that true? We could do it all with one account / magicband and that person would give the credits and pay the OOP. But I think that still falls under "split checks".

Alternatively:

We order when we get there and wait in the "not preorder" line, maybe as much as 30 min. Not ideal.

Or burn the credits on the kids. Also, not ideal.

OR I read this but I can't find the post now...

Someone suggested making an ADR for 1 person and then placing a preorder for all the OOP items (kids in this case) through that reservation. The orignal reservation would all be using DDP credits. But we definitely want to sit together and eat at the same time. I love a good work-around, but I don't want to get burned.

If we do the extra OOP reservation, does it matter if we still leave the orignal ADR for 10 and make 1 extra or will we need to change it to 9 and 1. As long as they are both PPO, will it matter if they are not at the same time?

This will be the first trip to Disney since I was 4. While I love a good logistical brain teaser, this place is intense... (party of 10 adds to the fun)

Thanks in advance for any advice!

You can only use one method of payment on the preorder, or you can wait in the line to order and use any combination of payment methods. Or like you said, you can get a separate ADR for one person and have them order with one payment method and everyone else on the other ADR with the second payment method. You'd need to get the ADR at the same time or probably within 10-15 minutes. You seat yourself at BOG so sitting together isn't an issue at all.

We ran into this same problem a few years ago....I was easily able to get a reservation for 1 the night before. I did one family's order on that reservation, and our family's on the original. There is no issue about sitting together or eating at the same time. You choose where you want to sit. PPO reservations (whether it's 8:05 or 8:45) are all allowed back at the same time so it really doesn't matter. You don't need to alter your original reservation. You can leave it as 10.

I'm seeing availability at 8:00, but only if you search for a party of 2. (Later times searching for 1).

Thanks Everyone!

The original ADR is at 8:45 so I snagged an extra for 1 at 8:55 to keep the two closer together. But we are planning to be there at 8 anyway since that's what the pros do... thanks again.

Thanks Everyone!

The original ADR is at 8:45 so I snagged an extra for 1 at 8:55 to keep the two closer together. But we are planning to be there at 8 anyway since that's what the pros do... thanks again.
Nice! Wasn't sure of time with PPO. Sounds like you've got it covered. Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!