Be Our Guest No reservations for dinner in July

I'm the opposite... I thought the dinner options before weren't the best and were especially bad for the price point (we pay OOP as we have never had the DDP). We've done dinner twice and said never again. At $55 per person though it's looking like it will cost us less for an upgraded menu so I'd happily try it again with these options. We love grilled squid legs at a local Japanese (Izakaya) place in town and have had the escargot at F& W and on DCL (think soft and buttery, garlicy mushroom caps)... they haven't released the details for the kids menu or dessert yet. Maybe their options won't be as scary as you think! :)

That is a freaking insane price for a kid.

This was one of my girls' favorites for dinner. But at that price per person, I'd rather pay for a true character meal.

That is a freaking insane price for a kid.

This was one of my girls' favorites for dinner. But at that price per person, I'd rather pay for a true character meal.

Totally agree ! I can't justify paying that much for our two children when 1) it's not AYCTE - 2) not a buffet 3) not a true character meal

The kids price appears to have jumped about $14 ... if you ordered the steak, appetizer and dessert on old menu (included drink). If they are improving the kids meals to be more upscale offering then possibly the price difference is in line. I certainly understand not wanting to spend that for a child's meal ...

... is it possible that they are trying to create more the signature thought process, more adult? Or maybe they are just looking at what folks spend for some of the other meals. Yes it's more than CP which has characters, but it sounds like the food will be far beyond the buffet food. It's right in line with Akershus, yes not all those Princesses but what sounds like way better food and you get the Beast along with the venue.

I have also noticed friends of mine, folks on here, and imagine TA's push ......... lots of people, enough to surprise me, get the DxDDP. I can't even eat as much as you get on the regular DDP, so if you have deluxe this shouldn't be a big deal. AND maybe it is a move to create the incentive to get the DxDDP, or other manipulations of the dining system to their advantage.

I think Disney sees what many folks are spending without blinking. I also think they keep hearing they want more quality, more "foodie" options for eating. Forcing a prix fixe ... even if it's less people, they will make more money and run more efficiently.

This could be a really stupid question, but is there anywhere else in WDW you can meet the Beast?
Just worrying that with the demand, we may not get a dinner booking for BOG in August when the bookings re-open!

This could be a really stupid question, but is there anywhere else in WDW you can meet the Beast?
Just worrying that with the demand, we may not get a dinner booking for BOG in August when the bookings re-open!
No.

He is only at BOG and only for dinner. Better be on the Disney site ready to go at 6am sharp tomorrow morning.

Which day did you get? I snagged the 19th but I really want Aug 20th
In case anyone following this thread hasn't heard by now, CMs on the phone are telling guests that BOG is closed 8/20-8/25. We got a 8/19 dinner but really wanted breakfasts later in the week.

I spoke with DVC and Disney World Dining and was told by both that they are not taking dinner reservations for Be Our Guest for July. They did not know when it would be allowed I spoke to another rep today and was told they will not be accepting Dinner reservations for Be Our Guest from July - December and that they will be cutting off lunch and breakfast as well. I asked about the lunch reservation i have now and she said as of right now they are fine, but we will be contacted if they change that.

I believe July is when they are changing the menu. They going to a Prix Fixe menu. I've seen several communications about it. It's going to be a 3 course meal for dinner, at a fixed price. You can get some information on the All Ears site below:

http://land.allears.net/blogs/dnews/2018/02/be_our_guest_to_offer_enhanced.html

We ate at BOG on Wednesday and this is what we were told by our server - fixed price three course meal, signature status starting July. He said they are renovating the kitchen so that it will be compatible with the changes because the kitchen was never designed to support the way the restaurant is currently operated which is why one of the diving rooms is never run at full capacity.

This came up as there were some problems with our meal (three separate issues - fault of the kitchen, not the server). At the end of the meal, the manager came by and gave each of us (my wife and me) vouchers for free t-shirts from any Disney store.

While our diner wasn't the best, I was glad to see they were responsive to our concerns. I certainly would not say the restaurant is currently signature status (we at at Tiffins and Jiko this week for comparison). Hopefully the kitchen upgrade will make a difference.

As for value, I don't consider the amount of food you get, but rather the quality of the food, service, and atmosphere. I guess this is why we avoid buffets. They are almost always about quantity over quality.

All you NEED to eat, all you SHOULD eat, all you CARE to eat, and all you CAN eat are four different things (in increasing order). I would rather invest in the first two options rather than the latter two.

I believe July is when they are changing the menu. They going to a Prix Fixe menu. I've seen several communications about it. It's going to be a 3 course meal for dinner, at a fixed price. You can get some information on the All Ears site below:

http://land.allears.net/blogs/dnews/2018/02/be_our_guest_to_offer_enhanced.html

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!