"Be Our Guest" for mid-20 buddies?

Liberator

Mouseketeer
I was just checking some possible ADRs and I was able to get a table for BoG on September 12th for 09:30 pm.

I've read that this is not a character dining place, that is something we really do not need.

The theming of the restaurant seems very overwhelming, even that I do not like the Beauty and the Beast movie.

Is this restaurant suitable for two male adults?
Do they serve steaks?
Is it worth to give away a dining plan credit?
Will we drown in screaming kids?

(If it is not suitable I guess someone else will be happy to get my reservation. ;) )

I was just checking some possible ADRs and I was able to get a table for BoG on September 12th for 09:30 pm.

I've read that this is not a character dining place, that is something we really do not need.

The theming of the restaurant seems very overwhelming, even that I do not like the Beauty and the Beast movie.

Is this restaurant suitable for two male adults?
Do they serve steaks?
Is it worth to give away a dining plan credit?
Will we drown in screaming kids?

(If it is not suitable I guess someone else will be happy to get my reservation. ;) )

If Beauty and the Beast is not your cup of tea.........I would suggest a different dining venue.

AKK

If I were you, I'd use my dining credit for something else. I've heard very good things about the steak sandwich for lunch, so maybe you could go then to experience it, but do something different for your ts meal.

The food at BOG was very good and when I visited last month I was one of many adult-only pairs dining there that evening. One downside I noted was that the tables are very close together. We were on an end and the table to our left was also two adults so this wasn't a problem for us. However, I could see how this would be very irritating if the table next door was a screaming child!

The theme is tasteful but incredibly Beauty and the Beast. You're eating in an exact replica of the ballroom, and the servers refer to the Beast as 'the master'. He comes around every 30 or so minutes and waves to the guests before going into another room where people can stop for pictures.

Overall, it's a great restaurant but if you're not into the movie I'd say there are better places to find a good plate.

1.The theming of the restaurant seems very overwhelming, even that I do not like the Beauty and the Beast movie.
2. Is this restaurant suitable for two male adults?
3. Do they serve steaks?
4. Is it worth to give away a dining plan credit?
5. Will we drown in screaming kids?

1. The restaurant is very heavily themed to the movie.
2. It's as suitable as any other WDW restaurant.
3. Yes- a steak sandwich at lunch and a grilled strip steak for dinner. Here is a link to the menu: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?restaurant.id=615#menu
4. Probably one of the better menus for a single TS credit restaurant.
5. There is the possibility of screaming kids at any WDW restaurant. Particularly at any restaurant in the parks.

All in all, given your preferences, I would recommend that you choose another restaurant.

I am a 19 year old Male I LOVE DISNEY and everything about it but I would NOT want to eat at Be our Guest with just my guy friends, I would take the monorail over to Kona and get the Teriyaki Style New York Strip - sirloin strip grilled with pineapple teriyaki glaze served with sticky rice and stir-fried broccolini $28.99

DSCN0678_zpse03accec.jpg

It is one credit and WELL worth it!

You could also go to The Wave at the Contemporary :thumbsup2

I would highly recommend it, it's at least fantastic to see!! I've done lunch and dinner there and loved it all.

For dinner, I have heard that the steak is amazing, and personally, the pork chop option they have is also delicious. This is also the only place in MK you can get an alcoholic beverage with dinner haha!

It's totally suitable for two people of your age and gender, we definitely saw a lot of older couples, people of all ages, and honestly, not a whole lot of kids, especially if you're eating that late.

We ate around 8 and it was nice, quiet, and peaceful in the restaurant. One of my favorite places!!

If you're looking for a good steak, I seriously recommend Le Cellier in Epcot, best filet I've ever had!

If you stick we BOG maybe we'll see ya there haha!

When I had dinner there, I noticed that the majority of parties seemed to be older teens or adults. I saw fewer children than I expected. I can't predict what it will be like when you go, but the people seated around us were all fellow young adults. So from that standpoint, I'd say you're better off than you would be at, say, CRT or CP.

That said, if you don't like Beauty and the Beast, I can't see you appreciating this restaurant. At the very least you'd have to be interested in restaurant design/theming. While I thought the food was good, I think most people will agree that you don't go to BOG for the food. You go for the atmosphere and experience. From what you've said it sounds like that would be lost on you.

PPs suggestion about heading to Kona is a good one. You'll likely find this restaurant more suited to your tastes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter