Be My Valentine February Exercise Challenge

I did a few laps around the office yesterday and walked to my car again instead of taking the shuttle. I didn't make it to the rec but I used the Wii board and stepped while watching TV. My legs are feeling it today.

411/1260

Just 20 minutes since my last post.

February has been a lot crazier then I anticipated, but I still have hopes of getting in a lot of walking over the school break.

125/500

I walked to the office from my car yesterday since it was supposed to rain in the afternoon. Well it wasn't raining when I left work so I walked to the car as well. I also did a few laps around the building and did some stepping while watching the Olympics last night. I am adding 87 active minutes. i am using my fitbit now to track this. it was getting to hard to add up all the different minutes throughout the day.

498/1260

Happy belated Valentine's Day to all of our Be My Valentine team members!!!! :love::love::love: So sorry this wish is late. Great news! We have new color changes to report!

Piglet1979 and PollyannaMom are both at One and Only Orange now, and lovesmurfs has reached Passionate Purple! Way to work towards those goals! :cool1:

In honor of Valentine's Day, I'm going to jump WAY ahead and highlight my favorite Disney couple:

latest

That's right. Ellie and Carl from Pixar's Up (2009). Ever the optimist, I know Ellie would welcome me in congratulating our newest color changes and the team as a whole for continuing to stay active this month. Ellie and Carl met when they were kids, became best friends, and later married and grew old together. Their motto was "Adventure is out there!", and their love story was truly an adventure. May we all find someone to love as dearly as Carl and Ellie loved each other.

I didn't do as much yesterday. I did walk to and from my car instead of taking the shuttle and I did at least 1 lap around the building. Last night did some walking at DS's basketball practice. I am adding 46 minutes.

544/1260

Xin nian kuai le, everyone! :tink:The Lunar New Year/Chinese New Year has arrived and it has brought some more color changes for our group!!

GrandAdmiralStrife has reached Beloved Blue and Elizabeth Smith is now at Passionate Purple. Great job! :figment::stitch::figment::stitch:Congrats to both!!!!

In honor of our color changes and The Year of the Dog pluto:, let's meet Mulan and Shang:

images

This couple was first introduced to Disney audiences in the 1998 animated film Mulan. Mulan, based on the legend of Hua Mulan (Mandarin pronunciation - Disney chose the Cantonese pronunciation of Fa), was the first of three Disney Renaissance films produced primarily at Disney-MGM Studios in Orlando. Mulan and Shang first meet in the Chinese army, which Mulan has deceptively joined by disguising herself as a man. Through the course of the film she saves his life, he spares hers, they find mutual respect and admiration, and eventually go down in Disney history (with Mulan II) as another couple that lives happily ever after.

Fun fact: Lea Salonga who sings as Mulan was also the singing voice for Jasmine. Donny Osmond sings for Shang.

Back is still sore and will be for a bit, but at least now it's just muscle pain from the injection points and not the joints themselves. Still very stiff after sleeping, bu that will get better as I'm able to be more active again.

Working extra tonight at work due to training, but it means an extra 30 minute lunch and 15 minute break added in. That's another 105 minutes walking.

225/900

40 minutes from last night - pretty much all of my minutes this month are coming from prescribed physical therapy exercises and a little walking; that rest I felt the need for after returning from vacation ended up being due to a knee injury, but physical therapy is beginning to help a lot

780/1000

We have two more color changes to celebrate! GrandAdmiralStrife has quickly jumped ahead to One and Only Orange, and I've reached Perfect Match Pink! party:

Speaking of perfect match, our next Disney couple to help us celebrate is Lady and the Tramp:

open-uri20150608-27674-gvy2fg_c279413f.jpeg

This adorable couple was introduced to audiences in the 1955 film Lady and The Tramp, based on the short story Happy Dan, the Whistling Dog by Ward Greene. Lady and the Tramp was not an instant hit, but it is now considered one of Disney's greatest classics. The Tramp brings adventure into Lady's sheltered world while Lady provides a bit of security and balance to the Tramp's. One of the most iconic romantic movie moments is the spaghetti dinner scene in this film. In early script versions the Tramp was named Homer, Rags, and Bozo, but, clearly, none of those stuck and Lady ended up with the Tramp as her perfect match. Thank goodness she did! Can you imagine Lady and Homer, etc?

By the way, if you wish to get your fill of Lady and the Tramp at WDW, make a reservation at Tony's Town Square. It gets mixed reviews, but the restaurant is super cute and we've found the more adventurous dishes on the menu to be quite tasty.

Thursday afternoon - 32
Friday - 172 (including 30 minutes of work with the fitness coach which whooped my butt)
Saturday - 85 (even though said butt is incredibly sore, along with other muscles I've never been acquainted with before)
Sunday - 90 (still sore and I think I hate that coach)

So 1611/2100 (76.7%). Woot!

I never knew my butt could hurt. Seriously, in 50 years of life on God's green earth, I never knew there were muscles there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!