BCV: Very Disappointing Service

We have points there - we've stayed twice - once on points and once cash.

We have been treated wonderfully. Including the time when we went stupidly to Downtown Disney for shopping on our check out day and missed our magical express reservation time. The BCV ordered us airline limo and paid for it.

Sorry you had such a bad experience.

So very nice!:thumbsup2

We stayed one night at BCV on points prior to recent DCL cruise; we were taking the DCL transfer from the resort the next morning.

We didn't arrive at BCV until after midnight; I had done online check-in to expedite things since we were getting in so late and would be tired. The front desk CM kept hemming and hawing as he looked at his computer for a lengthy time and asking us weird questions like, 'Didn't you pick up your keys earlier?"
Finally, I said that I had done online check-in--he looked at me in great surprise and then left us for another lengthy period before coming back with our package.

I then asked him for a copy of the letter that DCL passengers get explaining what time our bags were to ready and when/where to meet the bus. He said he had no information about DCL. I requested he call someone immediately to find out so we could get to bed knowing what to do in the morning (by this time it was about 1:00 am). He made a call and gave us some times which were slightly inaccurate since we didn't trust him by this time and got up early to check. The whole time another CM was behind the desk doing nothing and never bothered to find out if he could help.

The next morning at 10:00 am, I asked a concierge CM (in training) where I could get a sit-down a la carte breakfast. She said she didn't know what 'a la 'carte' meant. I explained and she suggested getting a burger at Beaches and Cream! Finally another CM came over and said to go to Captain's Grill.

Walking to the restaurant, we could see that 2/3s of the tables were empty however the hostess said there was a 45-60 minute wait because of the long waiting list. When I asked her where all the people on the waiting list were (there was no one nearby) and why she wasn't seating them at all the empty tables, she said "Have a nice day" and turned her back to me.

That's THREE awful CM experiences in the 10 HOURS we were at BCV. I talked to the Manager and she listened, apologized and took my feedback seriously but I'm gun shy about going back to BCV. I must say it was the least 'magical' experience I've probably ever had at Disney.

I haven't read through the thread so this may be a repeat.

There is only one counter service meal (a la carte) at BC, so the 1st CM's advice was accurate if they assumed you were looking for something at that resort.

The 2nd one obviously thought a bit differently and mentioned the closest dining service that wasn't a buffet.

How can you possibly consider that a problem?!?!?!?

Just because a restaurant has seats that are empty, does not mean there are enough people staffed to handle all the tables. Because it is breakfast, at a resort instead of in a park and it isn't Chef Mickey's or Ohana's, etc.... you will find empty tables......always!

The CM was probably basing their wait time on ADRs and the staffing for breakfast at that resort at that time of the year. We have waited with an ADR for 20 minutes there for breakfast before. We didn't expect the CM to have a GPS readout on all the ADR folk in front of us.

Three awful CM experiences huh? Wow, you are very misguided! Try one. And to expect someone working 3rd shift making $10 to know it all?!?!?!?!?

How about this one, why would you spend so much money on a cruise and not spend a little bit of time researching in advance, considering how late you are arriving, researching what to expect with the DCL transfer?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!