BCV - Room Assignment Recourse

gobeavs8

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I am staying at BCV for 5 nights in November, loved everything about the resort on my last 2 night stay except.... My room assignment was a handicap closest to the elevator room. As a tall and sound sensitive sleeper this was pretty much my nightmare (elevator sounds at 2 am almost sent me over the edge as i think i close to the elevator mechanisms). From what i have read room requests at beach club are pretty useless. My question is, if i get assigned to one of these rooms is there any chance i could get a different room assigned if i say i would literally take anything else? I get there first thing in the morning, would that help if i go to front desk or is everything assigned by then?

If you are unhappy with your room, go to the front desk and as long as there is availability and it is in your same booking category then you will be fine. My ONLY request was upper floor and we were on the lowest floor at CCV. But they moved us the next day.

Sounds like you need a little white noise machine. Lots of the DVC rooms are very loud, I'm looking at you, Poly.

Prob a good idea, but what I could hear was what I assumed was the motor of the elevator and then when it reached the intended floor it would make a clank type noise. People noise doesn't bother me as much.

I'm not 100% sure they're switching people after you've entered the room now, under COVID protocls.

Prob a good idea, but what I could hear was what I assumed was the motor of the elevator and then when it reached the intended floor it would make a clank type noise. People noise doesn't bother me as much.
Wait until you get the room across from the elevator and when the elevator gets to your floor 24 hours a day it ding dings (the audio tones to let you know its on your floor)....that will make sure you cant sleep....we hated it. I would request the day you check in if they can move you...I have had sometimes good luck with that.

Before going into the room, I would go to the front desk and see what can be done to ensure you are not there.

I was there last Decemver and requested closed to elevator because my friend has walking issues And I was recovering from foot surgery We were literally the last room in the hallway from them.

It was good we ended up renting scooters.

i had one of those rooms pre-covid. I couldn’t stand it. I went down to front desk and asked to be moved. They had another studio available and let me move. This was a cash stay,not sure if that made a difference in them agreeing to move me.

i would suggest knowing the “bad” room numbers so that when you get your room assignment, you can request a change at the front desk before you go up to your room.

This might be helpful:
http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-bcv/floor1.php

Last edited:
We were in a room that backed up to the single elevator at BCV last week. Glad we didn't need to sleep in the living room since we had the living room between us and the elevator. We could hear all the dings and the hydraulics working. Our one bedroom was dedicated, not a lock off. The people down the hall and across the hall were a lot noisier than the elevator, though. Must have been a large family in separate villas.

I would check at the front desk to see where your room is located in relation to the elevator. If you think it's going to be too noisy ask for a change at that time before you go to the room. I was told there is a charge to clean the room if you have been in the room and want to be reassigned...not sure if that is still the policy but if it were me I would check before going to the room.

Sounds like you need a little white noise machine. Lots of the DVC rooms are very loud, I'm looking at you, Poly.
agree!!!! we only made it 2 nights and the noise was only one issue. more room there for others, we wont go back.

Is there a way you can determine the room numbers of rooms you won't take before you go (I know there are maps of BCV with room numbers on other sites)? Then, if you get one of those rooms, go to the front desk and refuse it and ask for another room. This is what I did several years ago, and loved my new room (and it fulfilled my original requests even though they said they didn't have a room to meet my requests). I didn't want a HA room, so I got those room numbers. Wouldn't you know they gave me one, and as I said, when I went to the front desk to say I wouldn't take it, and to remind them of my original request (woods view), they said they did't have a woods view, which was OK I said, as long as it wasn't HA. They were very nice, gave my new assignment, and it was woods view (at least I thought it was). Everyone was happy (at least seemed so). So knowledge-know before you go!

Is there a way you can determine the room numbers of rooms you won't take before you go (I know there are maps of BCV with room numbers on other sites)? Then, if you get one of those rooms, go to the front desk and refuse it and ask for another room. This is what I did several years ago, and loved my new room (and it fulfilled my original requests even though they said they didn't have a room to meet my requests). I didn't want a HA room, so I got those room numbers. Wouldn't you know they gave me one, and as I said, when I went to the front desk to say I wouldn't take it, and to remind them of my original request (woods view), they said they did't have a woods view, which was OK I said, as long as it wasn't HA. They were very nice, gave my new assignment, and it was woods view (at least I thought it was). Everyone was happy (at least seemed so). So knowledge-know before you go!

Touring Plans has a room assignment tool. If you subscribe, you can pick a room and they will send a fax or email 30 days out. It worked for me last time at BWV. I altered the wording to add more rooms. There are 8 dedicated boardwalk view studios, x031 and x029. I put the wording for 5031, 5029, 4031, 4029, 3031, 3029 (didn't want second floor). I also sent the same to Member Services on an email. Got 4031.

Touring Plans has a room assignment tool. If you subscribe, you can pick a room and they will send a fax or email 30 days out. It worked for me last time at BWV. I altered the wording to add more rooms. There are 8 dedicated boardwalk view studios, x031 and x029. I put the wording for 5031, 5029, 4031, 4029, 3031, 3029 (didn't want second floor). I also sent the same to Member Services on an email. Got 4031.

Did you feel comfortable using the Touring Plans tool? IIRC, I looked at it but wasn't comfortable providing all of the reservation information it requested.

I'm not 100% sure they're switching people after you've entered the room now, under COVID protocls.
We were able to change from 2 studios at BCV to a 2BR. My parents were woken up by construction at 5am our first morning, went and requested a change and they had a 2BR they moved us into. This was the end of July.

We were able to change from 2 studios at BCV to a 2BR. My parents were woken up by construction at 5am our first morning, went and requested a change and they had a 2BR they moved us into. This was the end of July.
But that is a different use case, where the change was not walking in and out and requesting a change. You were literally in the unit overnight.

I'm not worried about walking into the room, as the room type changes on the app when you get accessible room. Being close to elevator is obvious, as others have said i could check Floorplans as well. My main concern was if there a possible policy on no changes or capacity issue. But makes me wonder if Front Desk can tell if I entered room.
But that is a different use case, where the change was not walking in and out and requesting a change. You were literally in the unit overnight.

...But makes me wonder if Front Desk can tell if I entered room.

Yes, they'll know if you entered the room or not. You have to use your MB, key card or phone to open the door. All access is captured including the name of the person opening the door and the time.

Steve

Did you feel comfortable using the Touring Plans tool? IIRC, I looked at it but wasn't comfortable providing all of the reservation information it requested.

I really didn't consider it as an issue. It's a DVC reservation so they can't cancel or change it without my member information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts