BCV or POLY?

Sara_H

999 ghosts with room for 1 more...
looking ahead to January 2020, can’t decide between BCV and Poly. We’ve stayed at BCV before and loved it. The location is great! However, Poly is iconic and we’ve always wanted to stay there. Kids will be 11 and 9 when we go. We will do all the parks and have hoppers. Thoughts? Advice?

Last edited:
I do not like how far removed BCV is. I know it's close to epcot, etc. But we really disliked walking all the way to the main pool from the Villas. It seemed like a chore/hike to get to the pool, the marketplace area. You will be going in January so not sure how much pool time you would be getting etc

You have to weigh out if you want ease of access to 2 parks and more dining options within walking distance (BCV)

or

staying at the Poly.

I am not a Poly fan so you will have to have someone chime in. I think it always seems loud and chaotic in the lobby and I also think your kids would enjoy the pool better at SAB overall amenities nearby that include the boardwalk area by staying at BCV. The poly will have more families with toddlers in it than 9 to 11 year olds overall.

While I am not the biggest fan of BCV I would go with the BCV because of ease of getting to HS once star wars land opens. which it will be when you get there. You will be able to walk back to your resort and walk to HS for rope drops, late nights etc.

So BCV gets my vote for location, your kids ages and ease of getting to 2 parks and the fact star wars land would be open and the ability to walk to HS would be a total win win for that.

looking ahead to January 2020, can’t decide between BCV and Poly. We’ve stayed at BCV before and loved it. The location is great! However, Poly is iconic and we’ve always wanted to stay there. Kids will be 11 and 9 when we go. We will do all the parks and have hoppers. Thoughts? Advice?

The Poly is my favorite resort, so that would be my choice. But I do agree with the pp that since you've already stayed at BCV, it might be nice to try something new. The Poly is great as the tropical grounds are beautiful, the rooms are large/spacious, and you can't beat seeing the castle every day :wizard:.

I like to try new things, so as much as I LOVE BCV, I would say that if it is in your budget, give The Poly a try. We are actually trying The Poly a try in April, we had BCV booked but decided on a WL/Poly split stay instead, we know we like WL, so hopefully we won't regret trying The Poly, there are things about the resort I don't like from visiting, but you never know until you give it a try!

We decided to go with BCV. Even though we still want to try Poly, we are going with BCV based on location. We aren't sure how much time we will be spending at MK this trip and we really like being able to walk right to EPCOT and HS. We will try Poly on a shorter trip in the future...if only we had the time and money to try them all! :-)

I don't think you will be disappointed in your choice. We own at BWV and stayed at Poly last time as it was my dream resort and I was a tiny bit disappointed. The Poly pool was really fun....great slide and can see the castle from the beach. Grounds are very pretty. However, I agree with previous poster lobby very busy and I'm not a huge fan of the many separate buildings at the resort. I think the fact that I knew I spent double the points to stay there also played a large role in my opinion. Everyone is different, but I missed taking a surrey bike around crescent lake and hanging out at the boardwalk at night. Being able to walk into two parks is unbeatable for our family, especially at Star Wars opening time.

The location is great! However, Poly is iconic and we’ve always wanted to stay there. Kids will be 11 and 9 when we go. We will do all the parks and have hoppers. Thoughts? Advice?
Depending on how long your trip is i would consider a split stay - stay at BC for 3-4 days - focus on HS and Epcot and then 3-4 days at Poly - with more time spent at MK - guess you will have to figure out where to put AK in the mix but guess it is closer to BC than Poly.

Or just choose Poly for the whole trip if you have already done BC. We love Poly the feel you get when you walk in there is unlike any other resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter