BCV or AKVsv for a couple's getaway?

BabsBunny

Mouseketeer
My husband has a business trip in Florida in early March, so it looks like I will meet him at Disney for a few nights. :)

Mind you, we were at OKW with kids and friends in August, I took my sister to SSR for a long weekend in May, and we were at AKV and BLT last February. I am park burned out. This trip will be about relaxing and doing nice dinners and maybe parks on one of the days. We wil lhave a rental car.

So....

One bedroom at Beach Club or

One bedroom at Animal Kingdom with a savannah view.

AKV is our home resort. We've stayed there a few times but never in a savannah view. Love Jiko. I've only stayed at BCV for one night on a couple of occasions and, of course love the pool. IF the weather behaves.

What would you pick and why? :) TIA.

We do BCV or BWV as we love EPCOT and DHS plus have APs. As adult only we wander thru the counties every night and just hang out and have a few drinks. Plus the boardwalk area is another great place to kick back.

If it is no or little park time, I would pick BCV. Savanah view is nice, but you won't spend that much time looking out at animals. BCV and neighboring BWV offers several things for a couple to do. We did a couples only trip a couple of years ago and stayed at SSR because of its proximity to DTD. If we were to do another, it would be at BWV or BCV.

I'd go for the view at AKV. I would prefer Kidani Village because you can get a lower floor which really gives you a better view of the animals. But if taking the elevator down to the restaurants is more important, then book at Jambo House.

Thanks for your input everyone.

I'm on hold right now, and as it turns out, one of the nights is no longer available at BCV. That helps me make up my mind. :P

So we are in a one bedroom, savannah view, in Jambo House. It will be nice to use the main pool and be by Jiko, etc. I'm excited. AKV is our home resort, and we've never had a SV there. It should be a nice, relaxing time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter