BCV Makeover?

BCV2002

Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey, Chicago, what do ya s
I haven't been to my home resort in a while due to my DDs being young and wanting to be near MK, but we are booked there for spring break and I have been reading that the BCV are very worn down. Does anyone know when they're up for a Renovation! Or has anyone stayed there lately and disagree with what I'm saying? TIA!

I haven't been to my home resort in a while due to my DDs being young and wanting to be near MK, but we are booked there for spring break and I have been reading that the BCV are very worn down. Does anyone know when they're up for a Renovation! Or has anyone stayed there lately and disagree with what I'm saying? TIA!

We just got back from 8 nights in a 2 bedroom at BCV. It is our home resort also and we love it. For years I've been hearing people say it looks worn and I've always disagreed with them....until now. The place looked tired to me. Carpets in the hallways were pieced with unmatched, UGLY, carpet. It looked downright tacky! The villa we had, all of the furniture was very worn looking. The kitchen table was scratched and worn on the edges, so were the kitchen cabinets. It just looks dated to me now. It made me sad. We are bringing guests with us that are first timers to Disney and of course I've talked it up so much I hope they won't be disappointed. The good news is that I've heard they are getting an extensive rehab in 2014.

Michelle, can I ask you what your room number was and if you were on an upper floor, did you have a nice sized balcony? We are staying in a 2 BR next week. I'm looking to "request" a room with a bigger balcony.
Thanks,
Tina

Michelle, can I ask you what your room number was and if you were on an upper floor, did you have a nice sized balcony? We are staying in a 2 BR next week. I'm looking to "request" a room with a bigger balcony.
Thanks,
Tina

We were on the first floor so no balcony. Our room overlooked the quiet pool which I had requests. We had four teenaged girls with us. I wanted to be able to keep an eye on them from the villa. Our room was 158. I love the resort, truly I do. I just think its time for some updating. Not a deluxe resort in this condition!

We were on the first floor so no balcony. Our room overlooked the quiet pool which I had requests. We had four teenaged girls with us. I wanted to be able to keep an eye on them from the villa. Our room was 158. I love the resort, truly I do. I just think its time for some updating. Not a deluxe resort in this condition!

Thanks for your quick response. I agree, it does need a MAJOR overhaul. We were there in May in a 1 BR. We ALWAYS request a first floor pool view but this time I have a 2 BR w 2 QU beds in the second BR. Because of the room configuration, there are NO rooms like this on the first floor. ARGGGGH. We've stayed in 158 in the past. I like that room because it's right next to the sidewalk with easy access to the pool. Although you sometimes get some foot traffic being by the door. We are going next week and I'm really worried about the crowds:crazy2:

I sent a lengthy, detailed email to MS after our stay last fall itemizing some of the wear and tear issues. I received both a phone call and an email stating that BCV is set to receive a "major refurbishment" starting in 2014. That was their language.

I still say there's a if difference between worn and dirty. Our rooms have always been clean. We were just there in April and yes, there are some wobbly cabinets, the couch has seen better days and there were some scratches on some hard surfaces but it had zero impact on our stay. The resorts location and amenities more than make up for it. We sleep in the room and that's about it, so for those who spend more time in the room I can understand a little annoyance but again, I've noticed a genuine diligence towards cleanliness and that's all that matters to me. Even after the refurb, it's not like the place is going to suddenly be lavish. DVC furnishings are generally cheap, I'm yet to encounter a villa that impressed me aesthetically.

I agree with you mjc2003. Our rooms at BCV have always been clean. Obviously the "worn" and "need of refurbishment" issues are not keeping people away. I kind of wish they would. Haha We always stay at BCV. For our upcoming stay I booked a couple of nights at BLT in addition to BCV. I thought it would be fun to stay in a newer resort and have the ability to walk to MK. The family wanted no parts of another resort. I cancelled BLT and had to pay cash for those 2 nights since there was no point availability at BCV. You're right, you can't beat the location and all of the other amenities that go with the resort complex.

I adore the Beach Club and it has always been one of my favorite resorts BUT I do have one little recommendation to be included in any major 2014 renovations. While MANY of the BCV have beautiful views of the courtyard and the quite pool, a large amount of villas overlook that totally overgrown, out-of-control, unattended JUNGLE FOREST - I've never understood how Disney gets away with it with all the maintained fees we pay to keep the property manicured and properly maintained.

Let's face it, that view resembles the view from almost any Interstate Highway - certainly not what you'd expect from a quality Disney hotel. Imagine the fabulous view of Crescent Lake and the Boardwalk all those villas would have if they at least cut down that massive wild assortment of tangled vines and branches that has gone completely unattended for years. Simply convert that land into another nice beach area, or playground or even a garden and the views will be spectacular.

Best wishes,
David

I adore the Beach Club and it has always been one of my favorite resorts BUT I do have one little recommendation to be included in any major 2014 renovations. While MANY of the BCV have beautiful views of the courtyard and the quite pool, a large amount of villas overlook that totally overgrown, out-of-control, unattended JUNGLE FOREST - I've never understood how Disney gets away with it with all the maintained fees we pay to keep the property manicured and properly maintained.

Let's face it, that view resembles the view from almost any Interstate Highway - certainly not what you'd expect from a quality Disney hotel. Imagine the fabulous view of Crescent Lake and the Boardwalk all those villas would have if they at least cut down that massive wild assortment of tangled vines and branches that has gone completely unattended for years. Simply convert that land into another nice beach area, or playground or even a garden and the views will be spectacular.

Best wishes,
David

It's possible that the area is a wetland area that can't be touched by law, just like the THV area at SSR.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter