BCV Dedicated 2BR, 9th Guest

MiddKid

Mouseketeer
For the first time we’re bringing a second family with us to our home resort BCV in Feb 2020. Going to book this week. We’ll have 4 adults and 5 children.

When you look at the room type information for BCV on DVCMember it clearly says Dedicated 2BR “Sleeps up to 8” while a Lock-Off “Sleeps up to 9.” They explain the bed situation which I completely understand. Dedicated has 2Q in the second room while Lock-off has a sleeper and a single pull-down. Check. I was going to book the Lock-Off.

When I go to the booking page, however, it offers up both rooms and it very clearly says both rooms “Sleeps Up To 9.” The description of the bedding is the same as the generic room type information page, but the capacity is listed differently. Why would the information page say “Sleeps up to 8” for the Dedicated while the booking page says “Sleeps up to 9?”

Does this mean that they will bring in a roll-away? They will allow 9 but you’re on your own to bring an air mattress? A typo? Thanks for any info!

For the first time we’re bringing a second family with us to our home resort BCV in Feb 2020. Going to book this week. We’ll have 4 adults and 5 children.

When you look at the room type information for BCV on DVCMember it clearly says Dedicated 2BR “Sleeps up to 8” while a Lock-Off “Sleeps up to 9.” They explain the bed situation which I completely understand. Dedicated has 2Q in the second room while Lock-off has a sleeper and a single pull-down. Check. I was going to book the Lock-Off.

When I go to the booking page, however, it offers up both rooms and it very clearly says both rooms “Sleeps Up To 9.” The description of the bedding is the same as the generic room type information page, but the capacity is listed differently. Why would the information page say “Sleeps up to 8” for the Dedicated while the booking page says “Sleeps up to 9?”

Does this mean that they will bring in a roll-away? They will allow 9 but you’re on your own to bring an air mattress? A typo? Thanks for any info!
The reason why it isn’t listed as “sleeping up to 9 people” on the info. page is that is is viewable by the general public. The general information page can be accessed without logging in as a member whereas the booking page can only be accessed by members.

When booking a dedicated 2BR at BCV as a cash reservation thru CRO, the maximum occupancy is 8 people. But members booking on points can add a 9th person if they provide their own linens and bedding. Disney does not want to give the public the impression that they can have a 9th person in a dedicated 2BR because there isn’t a bef for that person. So any public info about the dedicated 2BRs at BCV will state “sleeps up to 8”.

So, it’s not a typo. But if you need a bed for that 9th person, you’re on your own. DVC does not provide rollaways or cots.

Perfect! Thank you!

The reason why it isn’t listed as “sleeping up to 9 people” on the info. page is that is is viewable by the general public. The general information page can be accessed without logging in as a member whereas the booking page can only be accessed by members.

When booking a dedicated 2BR at BCV as a cash reservation thru CRO, the maximum occupancy is 8 people. But members booking on points can add a 9th person if they provide their own linens and bedding. Disney does not want to give the public the impression that they can have a 9th person in a dedicated 2BR because there isn’t a bef for that person. So any public info about the dedicated 2BRs at BCV will state “sleeps up to 8”.

So, it’s not a typo. But if you need a bed for that 9th person, you’re on your own. DVC does not provide rollaways or cots.

We had a one bedroom at BW in Janaury and it would sleep 5 but we had to provide bedding for the 5th guest. They actually brought a blow up mattress to our room and set it up completely with linens and blankets. I was shocked. I did not realize they would do that. I had packed the air mattress but left it in the car b/c we ended up not needing it...

Last edited:

We had a one bedroom at BW in Janaury and it would sleep 5 but we had to provide bedding for the 5th guest. They actually brought a blow up mattress to our room and set it up completely with linens and blankets. I was shocked. I did not realize they would do that. I had packed the air mattress but left it in the b/c we ended up not needing it...

They typically don't. Any air mattresses they have are based on those left behind by prior guests. I'd not count on such pixie dust!

The dedicated does not have the twin pulldown, the lockoff does (in the studio).

I spoke to member services about this a couple months back. They said the air mattress/roll-away option for the 5th person is a new thing they are doing now.

This is the reason why you need to bring your own stuff:
2-Bedroom Villa

View Floor Plans- Modal
Views of Disney's Beach Club Resort, Woods, Pool or Courtyard
1 king-size bed, 2 queen-size beds, 1 queen-size sleeper sofa
9th guest can be accommodated, but please note that no additional bedding, linens or towels will be provided.

Yeah. The booking info is still "no bed provided." This is likely to be a better star to sail by than the word of a phone rep who isn't going to have to make it happen at the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!