BC vs. Poly you decide...

phanomouse

DIS Veteran
My wife and I have stayed at every resort on property. I have my favorites and she has hers. This causes a problem in that we are getting ready to plan our spring visit and we can't decide where to stay. She has narrowed it down to the BC or the Poly... I am asking all of you to tell me which you would choose and your reasons for choosing that specific resort which ever gets the most votes is where we go so please help us have a good trip and leave us a response!!!

That's a tough one. Personally, my favorite hotels are on the Monorail loop. Nothing says Disney like arriving home at night on your monorail. Not to mention, the Monorail rooms are the largest standard rooms on property, they have the best boating options, some of the best dining options (the convenience of the monorail once again comes into play here), the EWP @ night, and the best access to MK.

On the other hand, the Epcot resorts offer the best location at Disney for adults. The BW is a great place to be if the parks close early during your stay. Also, even when the other parks close early, Epcot is open until 9:00. There is no better resort for access to MGM & Epcot, which are the most "adult" theme parks IMHO. I'd say that if these resorts were connected by monorail to the TTC, they would all be perfect resorts; but alas, they're not. They also lack some of the romance (especially comparing the Poly to the BC) of the monorail resorts. The rooms are smaller, the lake isn't worth sailing on, and access to areas away from MGM & Epcot is not the best in the "world."

Now that I've danced around the issue for a minute, I guess I'll attempt a straight answer...I'd go with...the Poly. No the BC...no, the Poly-and I mean it this time. There's nothing like staying in a classic that Walt himself had a hand in designing.

While I have to agree with the previous poster that nothing says Disney like arriving home at night on the monorail, I'll vote for the BC. I personally like the decor of the BC better than the Poly, and the BC is currently undergoing a renovation, so all the rooms will be very fresh for your trip. Now, if the BC was on the monorail, I think I'd move in!!!!

Having stayed at both resorts, I would have to say the Poly. It is our all time favorite! The rooms are large, the monorail can't be beat, you can walk to the TTC for easy transportation to Epcot, Kona Cafe and O'Hana and the resort is so relaxing it is like 2 vacations in 1.

Ill let you know when I get back on the 9th of Jan!!
I am a big Yacht and Beach fan!! But we are trying the poly (for the first time) We made our decision this way.. It is going to be on the cooler side this time of year and so we would nto get to use stormalong bay too much. Also when it is really hot out I HATE Mk!! (Too many people and too hot)
Sooo we are going to do alot more Mk this trip.
So anyways I will post what I think and let you know!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter