BC Standard view

DANAW

Mouseketeer
This past winter, I booked a standard view BC room thru a TA. If my only request upon check in is a full balcony, does anyone know if that pretty much guarantees me a rooftop view...really hoping we dont get that view, but the TA didnt have any other views available. Thanks!

Yes, chances are pretty good it will be a rooftop view, unfortunately. Maybe you’ll luck out and get upgraded, but that is very rare.

This past winter, I booked a standard view BC room thru a TA. If my only request upon check in is a full balcony, does anyone know if that pretty much guarantees me a rooftop view...really hoping we dont get that view, but the TA didnt have any other views available. Thanks!
You have a 50% chance of getting a full balcony. Most of the standard view rooms with the full balcony are on the third floor, right above a big flat roof. Most of the standard view rooms on the fourth floor have a standing balcony and are a floor above the flat roof. :) There are a few standard view rooms scattered around in other places, but most of them are above the roof. We have been in these standard view rooms at the BC at least four times now, all of the rooms facing the main pool, and we don't mind those rooms.

Thanks for the responses...I would hate to overlook rooftops AND not have a balcony. Even with the discount we are paying around $450 a night...but I have to keep telling myself we are paying for the location!!

When we stayed in a standard view at the Beach Club there was a giant hornet's nest out on the balcony, so we never could even open the door. I told the front desk about it the entire trip, it was still there when we left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter