BC proximity to EP realistic in August?

We have done it in August! Definitely use the secret door. And hydrate hydrate hydrate!! Its just a few minutes to epcot and skyliner.

If the walk from BC to Epcot is going to be too unpleasant for you to tolerate, you shouldn’t be visiting WDW at all at that time of year. There are plenty of longer walks you will be doing regardless of where you stay.
You, and everyone that liked your post don't understand the heart of my question. We are prepared for the heat, but there is a limit for everyone as to how much they can take. If I'm starting every single day walking further to get to Epcot to tour Epcot, or to catch other transportation, rather than sitting in an air conditioned space, or sitting on a bench waiting for a bus, and that is going to take the wind out of our sails first thing in the morning, that's good actionable intelligence for me to have. Never said we wouldn't be able to tolerate it.

You, and everyone that liked your post don't understand the heart of my question. We are prepared for the heat, but there is a limit for everyone as to how much they can take. If I'm starting every single day walking further to get to Epcot to tour Epcot, or to catch other transportation, rather than sitting in an air conditioned space, or sitting on a bench waiting for a bus, and that is going to take the wind out of our sails first thing in the morning, that's good actionable intelligence for me to have. Never said we wouldn't be able to tolerate it.
What people are saying that it won't make a measureable difference in August.

The walk to Epcot from BC is convenient for most people. It's still blazing hot. You would get a bus to AK or to MK so you would be sitting on a bench for that. The walk to IG to catch the Skyliner to DHS will be convenient but you still have to sit on an un-airconditioned Skyliner in August. And when it thunders, you will be diverted to the boat or to walking, also hot and slow.

If I were you I would not go in August. It's literally the hottest, wettest month at WDW. I'd go to Maine instead. :wizard:

The walk from the international gateway to BC is not bad at all. Personally, for me, it did not make a measurable difference in heat. We went beginning of July and like I said walked to BWI which is a bit further.

But if you’re super concerned about the heat, August isn’t a good month to go

Not sure if it was mentioned previously, but another positive of BC is the covered walkway to the bus stop. If the sun is blazing or it's raining, that extra touch helps keep you a little cooler and dry to and from the BC lobby when using the bus for MK, AK and DS.

If you want the ultimate in least walking and sun/rain exposure for August, I would say CR Tower rooms but they are usually more expensive than BC and their pool area is quite sparse.

Thanks everyone! I'm sold. I'm trying to shave money off somewhere because the Disney nickel and diming is getting extreme, but I will keep our BC reservation in the hopes that it will make a profound difference for the whole trip.
I don't think it will. You will still sweat more than you ever have in your life.

I do think it would decrease the time spent waiting for transportation if you plan to go to Epcot and WS a lot.

When people ask 'where should I stay' questions, esp at deluxes, the usual first response is, 'what park will you be going to the most?' If it is Epcot, people would recommend an Epcot resort. Just like people would recommend AKL if you wanted to go to AK every day, or a monorail resort if you were going to be going to MK every day.

In August, no place will feel cooler. You will just be less aggravated if you have planned your resort to coordinate with your park plans.

Here’s the thing, that walk from the bus to the actual park entrance still has to happen. You just make trade offs in when & where you make that walk. The walk from a bus stop to the Epcot entrance will be even further than the walk from BC to the IG entrance. The walk from your room to a bus stop at a moderate resort may very well be longer than the walk from the skyliner exit at Studios to the park entrance. You walk past the Skyliner station at Studios from all the bus stops. At least at BC, you have the option to walk thru inside hallways until you are less than 5 minutes from the skyliner or IG entrance. If you don’t like the walk to BC from Epcot, the walk from the back of World Showcase to the buses or monorail is gonna be a lot worse.

As for your question about using Epcot as a launching pad to other parks…. Personally in 25 years of staying at Y & B, I’ve never made that part of our plan. Sure, if we’re at Epcot already & want to go to MK, we use the monorail to get there. Some people do enjoy just walking all the way thru Epcot from BC & taking the monorail to MK. All that extra walking never appealed to us, whether it was August or February. So for us, we generally just travel to the park we’re going to. I’ll also point out that the boat dock is at Yacht Club. The walk there from the BC is as long as the walk to the skyliner station. So don’t plan to use the boat to save steps in the heat. Just note, if a thunderstorm shuts down the skyliner, there’s a good chance the boats will be shut down too.

where is this magical WDW bus stop with benches? I see a couple benches at hotel bus stops and that’s about it.

You’re being gently warned by everyone who liked that post if you push your family so hard an air conditioned ride on a bus is needed instead of a 3-5 min walk in the sun someone in your family is going to end up in trouble.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter