BBB alternative?

Disneyfan.UK121

Mouseketeer
Been hearing lots of mixed reviews about BBB since they changed the no products to rule. I kinda worry that it won't be worth it in the floridian heat as my daughters haor is REALLY fine, so much so she can't wear a doughnut in her hair as it doesn't cover it! Anyways I was wondering if there were alternative places to go for hair and make up and nails for little ones? She is 6. My sons done pirates league which he loved ( and I know they have girls alternative) but I was hoping there was something more girly? Does anyone have a review for any salons? We have a car so can easily get around property's. Thanks.

Last edited:
Take a child tube sock, cut off the foot part, roll up the tube part, use that as what you call a donut, make a bun, add a Disney Tiara and some glitter. And... you just saved a lot of money. :). My daughter and I never use the store bought bun makers as we have thin hair. Everyone we know uses a sock. You can still use same bun technique and a child since is smaller than a store bought bun.

We're going to try out the Harmony Barber shop inside MK. It's cheaper than BBB, but you get a haircut and the glitter treatment for the ladies. I know it's not quite what you were asking for, but they might have other services they do as well?

What a fabulous tip!!! Thank you so much!
Take a child tube sock, cut off the foot part, roll up the tube part, use that as what you call a donut, make a bun, add a Disney Tiara and some glitter. And... you just saved a lot of money. :). My daughter and I never use the store bought bun makers as we have thin hair. Everyone we know uses a sock. You can still use same bun technique and a child since is smaller than a store bought bun.

Four girls and we are still not fans of BBB. I will second the barbershop as they do a fantastic job and for soooo much less money. I try to keep our kids as cool and comfy as possible, I'm not into the makeup and a ton of spray in hair, yuck. Have a great trip.

ETA: Apparently I dont read well! I see you did PL in the past.

Not sure if your daughter is into pirates or mermaids, but the Pirates League does some fun makeovers! I dont know how it works for mermaids, but for pirates, they do a whole "show". The child walks in, get a new pirate name and then gets their makeup done. The also have the child take the pirate oath. It's super cute and actually a nice break from the heat. If you think your DD would like it, I would google it and see if the options suit you. It wasn't TOO expensive (for Disney) and with the interactions, I thought it was worth the price. We did it Jan 2015, so hopefully the quality hasnt changed like BBB

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!