Baymax Vibes Requested but Disney Dreaming

Thanks, everyone! Birthday was relaxing and teenage daughter helped make a beautiful cake! And radiation team on Friday had gotten Minnie ears and sang Happy Birthday before treatment (20 down, 10 to go!)
You are all right, now I am looking forward to replanning and have a ton to look forward to with all the changes! I don't know when it'll be yet, but for now making plans for the future is perfect!

As a cancer survivor I’m sending you thoughts and prayers for your road to besting this!!! Also, while I was in the middle of my radiation treatments I had to cancel a trip to Disneyland so I feel your pain there as well. Stay strong and stay positive!!!
Thank you! Good to hear you made it through! Wishing you continued health too!

I just wanted to check in on you, 🥰

Well, not medical but my heart must be 3 sizes larger now because I feel so loved!

I've got 3 more radiation treatments and 1 more chemo and by Friday I will be done with the first stage!
More side effects this week so it's been rough but I've been lucky that my side effects were mild to start with so much easier than it could have been. The end of first stage treatment will let me recover a bit before scans in a few weeks then I'm hopefully headed to surgery to remove portion of my lung with the tumor in it.

So far it sounds like I may be able to travel again in a few months and have more stamina a few after that so starting to look at November Food and Wine for a reschedule. So excited to be planning again!

We have big hearts around here.

Thank you updating, sending you extra strength to get through, and yeah for being able to travel before you know it. ❤️

So sorry, for not getting back here sooner! I hadn't realized it had been so long. I've been checking in on the breast cancer survivors thread and on trip reports but haven't had much time to hatch new plans yet. But I've got good news and great news!

So the good news is that I did finish first round of treatments. The week after was really really rough as the effects of the treatment settled in. But I was able to talk to my docs to get meds to ease things for a few days until I started healing. I was able to go back to work because I have the option to work remote from home. It's been tricky to stay on top of family, work, and household stuff, but that's what I've found about cancer, it makes the important things like my family bubble up, so I'm learning how to let go of the weight of things that don't.

Now to the great news! At the end of February I had my first set of follow up CT scans, and they actually showed that the primary tumor had reduced enough that there were only very small clusters left, and possibly no tumor at all! (It's hard to tell since the CT shows swelling from treatment as similar to what the cancer looks like.) Since surgery would be invasive, it doesn't make sense to do it if I don't actually have cancer. So we've switched to a new plan and for now I get to keep my lungs! Yay! I'm doubly glad now that COVID is rising in my area that I have use of both of them and am not recovering from surgery.

So now the plan changes to Immunotherapy, which has shown big gains in the last 5 years. It basically makes my immune system "see" the cancer as the invader it is, and attack it. The theory is that if I've got any roaming cells, even from the lymph nodes or anywhere else, they get attacked and I can be considered cancer free in a few years. The side effects are usually much less than chemo. And if we do scans and it's not effective, I may still have surgery and more chemo as a backup plan. I've got so many options for success for a cure!

I'm keeping a close eye on COVID and of course am isolating as much as I can. It's scary, but I think I already worked through a lot of that fear when I first got diagnosed, so now the worst part is watching my friends and neighbors go through it too. Disney will be put off again until this blows over and I can tell how my immune system reacts to the new treatments. I feel so bad for all the families that had plans to go now and couldn't make it because I knew how they felt! I wanted to give them all hugs. They didn't even have a team of radiologists to give them Minnie ears like I did! I guess we'll all be Disney dreaming together for a bit until we can get back to making official plans!

Hope you all are doing well, I know it's a tense time for everyone trying to make good decisions in an uncertain time. Share as much Disney magic as you can, and we'll all be just fine. :)

No need to apologize !!

I have tears in my eyes, I’m so happy reading this good news for you !!❤️🥰

You just keep taking good care of yourself, as I’m sure you are. Good times and good things are coming.
Pop by when you can.
sending so much 💕

Another great uodate, Sage. Great reading all your positive news, especially as we enter this next chapter of life that all of us are journeying through.

Your thought..... Share as much Disney magic as you can, and we'll all be just fine. :). So true. :hug:'s

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!