Baylake Tower studios

Aurora2018

Earning My Ears
How difficult is it to get standard view studios at Baylake Tower 11 months out? It would be for mid August (not this year!) and we would need 2. Just researching whether this would be a good option! Renting points by the way.
Thank you :)

It is possible. I have done it. But I needed to walk them.

If you really want it I suggest you start a week or two in advance and walk them into position.

From my experience it is unlikely that you will be able to book both of them on the same morning. You can try, but you will probably need to get one and then a day or two later get another one. That is what I had to do.

I hate to say it. But walking has become more and more essential when you want a desirable reservation and it is important that you get it on a certain date. If you start a week before, you get seven chances to get your desired date rather rather than one chance. You will probably find that even a week is not a lot of time to be able to do this.

and if it turns out that there was good availability and you did not need to walk it, what did it really cost you?

We have had 100% success getting BLT Standard Studios right at 11 months for Jan, May, Sept, Oct and Dec. Even got a 1 day wait list add for Dec. And then at 7 months we usually change our Jan reservations to BC.

According to @skier_pete, if you are talking before the 15th, 11 month booking should be doable. Less so in the second half of the month. His charts are here:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...-bedrooms-prepared-2015.3419112/post-53845174

That's the old version of my charts - there's an update from last year below. Studios have actually gotten harder to get in the last 3 years.

To me, if you are renting points, it's going to be a tricky one to get TWO units for the same dates. Probably your best case scenario is you might be able to get ONE standard view and then get a lake view. As others have said, they go fast, and you would have to have someone that your renting from really looking for the unit right at 8 AM.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...rooms-june-2018-update.3689931/#post-59393366

If you don’t get both, waitlist one. It can come through, waitlist smaller blocks of days. When your waitlist comes through, waitlist another set of days

IMHO, I don't think this is realistic, in a point rental situation. As skier_pete points out, you need to have the owner online at 8am and possibly on several days, to walk the reservation. I as an owner who rents out points would not be willing to do that, when I could just as easily rent my points for the same price, by booking something else within the 4 month owner priority window, rather than a booking that needs to be made within seconds of the window opening...

As a renter, she can neither walk nor wait-list. That advice only applies to owners.

The issue with Pete's charts for this kind of question is RAT does not show number.of units available. When booking 2, this can be an issue. You get one, but no others remain once the booking is made.

As a renter, getting 2 BLT Standard Studios is unlikely unless you have a private owner with points enough for two units who finds two unique walking entry points for you. And finding an owner who will do that is rare.

As a renter, she can neither walk nor wait-list. That advice only applies to owners.

The issue with Pete's charts for this kind of question is RAT does not show number.of units available. When booking 2, this can be an issue. You get one, but no others remain once the booking is made.

As a renter, getting 2 BLT Standard Studios is unlikely unless you have a private owner with points enough for two units who finds two unique walking entry points for you. And finding an owner who will do that is rare.

This exactly.

How difficult is it to get standard view studios at Baylake Tower 11 months out? It would be for mid August (not this year!) and we would need 2. Just researching whether this would be a good option! Renting points by the way.
Thank you :)

Never say never but it would require some luck IMO to get 2 standard view studios as a renter.

thank you all so much!!! I guess it will be wiser to try a standard view and get a lake view as skier_pete suggested.

Be aware that BLT studios are pretty small, probably the smallest of all the DVC studios except for the AKV Value studios which have a better layout so they seem bigger than BLT. Any more than maybe two adults and one smaller child gets crowded.

Be aware that BLT studios are pretty small, probably the smallest of all the DVC studios except for the AKV Value studios which have a better layout so they seem bigger than BLT. Any more than maybe two adults and one smaller child gets crowded.
Thank you! I have been reading about this too and considering either two AKV studios or a 2 bedroom villa. We will have two children under 6 years old so we will be spending a lot of time in Magic Kingdom. I'm a bit worried that transportation might not be great to Magic Kingdom?

Thank you! I have been reading about this too and considering either two AKV studios or a 2 bedroom villa. We will have two children under 6 years old so we will be spending a lot of time in Magic Kingdom. I'm a bit worried that transportation might not be great to Magic Kingdom?
I see you have five adults and two kids. Three adults and a child in one studio might be crowded other than the OKW or Polynesian studios which are the biggest. I'd go for at least a one bedroom with that sized party instead of a studio. Then your other family with two adults and a child could get a studio or you could book a two bedroom. But at least one adult would need to be in the living room.

Just to be clear, AKV Value, let alone two, is a basic impossibility. You would need to be getting Standards there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter