Bay Lake Tower wait list ?

I still have the paperwork from when we toured DVC in 2002 and they were selling BCV for $77 and we thought it was so expensive!

We bought 160 BLT Direct at $113/pt in 2009...there have been many times that we wished we had more points or other resorts but this is working for us. We have used the one time use points twice and have done a dis transfer to ‘buy’ grand Californian points once and I think it’s worked out. We love Disney but want to be able to do other things too!

Hope you enjoy BLT - it’s our families favorite resort!! (We have tried poly, OKW, BCV, AKL-J, AKL-K and visited all the rest!!)

I know this is not a current thread, but I’d like to add that we are waiting for a 75 point contract at BLT with a September use year. When I asked where we stood on the waiting list, I was told “you’re it”. Now I’m wondering if that meant “I’m it” for September UY or that I’m the only one on the List? Surely not? Anyone have a similar experience? If so, how long did you have to wait? I see so many contracts snapped up by Disney on the ROFR thread, I wonder what is Disney doing with them?

DVC can now change use years on contracts they buy back. So as long as they buy a contract back and it has 2018 points they could sell it to you.

I know this is not a current thread, but I’d like to add that we are waiting for a 75 point contract at BLT with a September use year. When I asked where we stood on the waiting list, I was told “you’re it”. Now I’m wondering if that meant “I’m it” for September UY or that I’m the only one on the List? Surely not? Anyone have a similar experience? If so, how long did you have to wait? I see so many contracts snapped up by Disney on the ROFR thread, I wonder what is Disney doing with them?
Even though they exercise ROFR they still have to go through closing. I was offered BLT points a few weeks ago. Just keep in touch with your guide.

I called this morning and asked about a waitlist for Bay Lake, October Use Year, and was told there is a waitlist for Bay Lake. As of this morning, Boardwalk had October points available, and Animal Kingdom did. Those were the three resorts I asked about. So I'm guessing you were it for September use year?

I called this morning and asked about a waitlist for Bay Lake, October Use Year, and was told there is a waitlist for Bay Lake. As of this morning, Boardwalk had October points available, and Animal Kingdom did. Those were the three resorts I asked about. So I'm guessing you were it for September use year?

Yep, interesting that Boardwalk is available considering SGE is opening. BLT direct is so expensive that I’m surprised it’s not available. And you can’t get to DHS on the monorail, at least easily, so it’s not a matter of SGE availability.

I did notice on the email that my DVC guide sent us that we had to complete a form in order for him to contact us. Otherwise he can’t/won’t. So if anyone reading this wonders why their guide never calls, maybe this info helps...

I'm thinking that since they changed the rules to allow for use year modification, the wait list has dropped to almost nothing. Even back in Feb 2019(2 months ago!!), there was a "6 month waitlist", but was called and told that points were available for my UY in about 3 weeks.

It also explains why we've seen so many BLT contracts being ROFR'd. They've had a backlog of ppl on the direct buy waitlist, and they're now able to just gobble up all the points, re-assign UY based on the need, and sell them all at a hefty profit.

I'm thinking that since they changed the rules to allow for use year modification, the wait list has dropped to almost nothing. Even back in Feb 2019(2 months ago!!), there was a "6 month waitlist", but was called and told that points were available for my UY in about 3 weeks.

It also explains why we've seen so many BLT contracts being ROFR'd. They've had a backlog of ppl on the direct buy waitlist, and they're now able to just gobble up all the points, re-assign UY based on the need, and sell them all at a hefty profit.

I completely agree!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter