bay lake tower 2 bedroom or 2 deluxe studio rooms at poly

JonT36

Earning My Ears
Is there any advantage to either room with 2 toddlers and 3 adults

bay lake tower 2 bedroom or 2 deluxe studio rooms at poly

One big advantage of Bay Lake is you can walk to MK instead of taking transport. WIth toddlers, especially if you plan on spending a lot of time at MK that would be nice.

Also approximately 220 sq ft more space, a full kitchen instead of a kitchenette and an extra bathroom in the 2 bedroom unit. And while connecting rooms are highly likely at the poly, they are not guaranteed. With a two bedroom unit you don’t have to worry about that.

I stayed in a 2 bedroom at BLT in May and it really can't be beat, even staying in a standard view we could watch fireworks from our balconies. Having the washer and dryer in the room was a huge plus, and super easy to get to MK (a plus with little ones). Beds are comfy, and just so much space; having two bedrooms AND a living room, dining room, kitchen, and full 3rd bathroom beats just two bedrooms.

If you book a BLT two bedroom villa, make sure you book a dedicated two bedroom and not a lockoff. The lockoff will have one queen bed and one double sleeper sofa in the second bedroom. The dedicated will have two queen beds.

As someone who has 5 kids 11 and under, if there were no other benefits, I would book the 2 bdrm for the washer/dryer alone.

I like to limit luggage by packing 4 outfits, doing laundry halfway through and the night before we leave so we don't have a pile to do when we get home.

If you plan on renting points at either of these two places for May, you'll need a confirmed reservation. It will be very hard to get two Polynesian studios since none are available right now. At BLT, only a few days of your trip are available. So you either start over with your plan, change your dates or pay cash for your stay and not rent points.

Last edited:
The studios at Poly may not be connecting. The only time we booked 2 studios there, we were not given connecting rooms and they were several doors down from one another.

We have our second trip this summer coming up in a 2 bed at BLT - it's honestly my favorite. It's spacious, all together, and offers amenities that Poly doesn't. Being able to walk back to the resort (especially with 2 toddlers) while there are lines piled up for all the transportation options is a godsend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter