Bay Lake Refurb? Or not?

Zach197

Mouseketeer
Hello all! I called member services inquiring when the refurb at Bay Lake Tower starts because we want to book a 2 bedroom first week of September. We want to avoid being there during construction. I was advised by two different cast members there is no plan for refurbishment at Bay Lake Tower in 2024. Confused as the meeting in 2023 said it should begin in 2024?

Have they said if the murphy stile couch/beds will be installed?
And any possibility of daybeds in the one bedrooms instead of the chairs? or studios making them a sleep 5?

I have a two bedroom booked for January 2025. They keep forewarning me that refurbishment will be going on at the resort during my stay. I was kind of hoping the two bedrooms would be done before then. Does anyone know if they will be closing/altering the walkway on the 6th floor over to CR? It would really put a damper on the vacation to have to exit out the front lobby and walk all the way across to hit up Contempo Cafe for a mug refill or snack.

Saw this note today at disney world website for cash booking at blt:

From September 2024 to September 2025, room refurbishment work will take place in Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. During this time, Guests will see and hear construction work throughout Bay Lake Tower. Please allow extra time for travel as alternate paths may be utilized.

Saw this note today at disney world website for cash booking at blt:

From September 2024 to September 2025, room refurbishment work will take place in Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. During this time, Guests will see and hear construction work throughout Bay Lake Tower. Please allow extra time for travel as alternate paths may be utilized.
Oof. We’ll be there the first week of September. Might start looking at what else is available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter