Bay Lake Fishing & Weather Report

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I am looking at ; that's were they (fish) are hiding and a great place to put the kayak in. Matanzas river, south of St. Augustine.

You can almost smell the Redfish.

FRIG ! ! ! 20/30 knot winds. Maybe tomorrow.

john

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I am looking at ; that's were they (fish) are hiding and a great place to put the kayak in. Matanzas river, south of St. Augustine.

You can almost smell the Redfish.

FRIG ! ! ! 20/30 knot winds. Maybe tomorrow.

john

Many many moons ago , when I lived in Florida,,we use to go crabbing at Matanzas Point (on the river)
Man dat be sum kinda chow'n,,mmmmmmm,,,mmmmm :thumbsup2

Friday, April 16

the best fishing on Bay Lake TODAY is SPOSE to be "Good" at 8:AM and "Good" at 3:PM and "Good" at 8:PM.

Temps are to hit 82 degrees with a 55 % humidity.

Mostly Sunny today with 10 % chance of Precip.

Overnight low, Clear and 60 degrees and 0 % chance of Precip.

Happy fishing ya'll.

:guilty:

Fished the Matanzas river today. Threw everything in the tackle box. Even thought about using the tackle box for bait. Struck out big time. Not one hit. I was not alone.

I had at a minimum, 6 boats pull up to me. Asking me how I was doing. They were striking out also. Evertime I saw a boat, I thought it was the guy with the badge, coming over to check me out.

I put the kayak in and went SW on the river. Paddling back with the wind coming from the NE and tide going out. Getttin tooooooo old for that game.

Did not go that far, 500 600 yards out---Felt like 5000 coming back.
john

Sorry to hear that John. Guess we all have them days.
Reck'n you should'a tied some chicken necks with string and gone crabbing.

Saturday, April 17

the best fishing on Bay Lake TODAY is SPOSE to be "Good" at 8:30AM and "Good" at 3:30-8:PM .

Temps are to hit 82 degrees with a 57 % humidity.

Partly Cloudy today with 10 % chance of Precip.

Overnight low, Mostly Cloudy and 64 degrees and 20 % chance of Precip.

Happy fishing ya'll.

:guilty:

Fished the Matanzas river today. Threw everything in the tackle box. Even thought about using the tackle box for bait. Struck out big time. Not one hit. I was not alone.

I had at a minimum, 6 boats pull up to me. Asking me how I was doing. They were striking out also. Evertime I saw a boat, I thought it was the guy with the badge, coming over to check me out.

I put the kayak in and went SW on the river. Paddling back with the wind coming from the NE and tide going out. Getttin tooooooo old for that game.

Did not go that far, 500 600 yards out---Felt like 5000 coming back.
john

hi, this might sound crazy, but my mom uses bread for bait:laughing:, and it really does work! She only uses plain white bread, buns, roll, and the fish here love it:confused3, I thought she was pulling my leg at first, but when I saw her using it and worked I was shocked:eek:, The last fish she caught was a white/stripped bass and that sucker was huge!!!! It was a wide mouth one. Hope you have had better luck since this post:hug:

Sunday, April 18

the best fishing on Bay Lake TODAY is SPOSE to be "Good" at 6:30-9:AM and "Excellent" at 6:PM .

Temps are to hit 76 degrees with a 70 % humidity.

T-Showers today with 70% chance of Precip.

Overnight low, Showers and 63 degrees and 60 % chance of Precip.

Happy fishing ya'll.

Monday, April 19

the best fishing on Bay Lake TODAY is SPOSE to be "Good" at 7:30AM and "Excellent" at 7:30PM .

Temps are to hit 75 degrees with a 71 % humidity.

Scattered T-Showers today with 60% chance of Precip.

Overnight low, T-Storms early and 61 degrees and 60 % chance of Precip.

Happy fishing ya'll.

Tuesday, April 20

the best fishing on Bay Lake TODAY is SPOSE to be "Excellent" at 8:AM and "Good" at 1:PM and "Excellent" at 7:PM .

Temps are to hit 80 degrees with a 63 % humidity.

Isolated T-Storms today with 30% chance of Precip.

Overnight low, Isolated T-Storms and 62 degrees and 30 % chance of Precip.

Happy fishing ya'll.

Wednesday, April 21

the best fishing on Bay Lake TODAY is SPOSE to be "Excellent" at 8:AM and "Good" at 2:PM and "Excellent" at 8:PM .

Temps are to hit 81 degrees with a 62 % humidity.

AM Showers today with 40% chance of Precip.

Overnight low, Mostly Clear and 61 degrees and 10 % chance of Precip.

Happy fishing ya'll.

Thursday, April 22

the best fishing on Bay Lake TODAY is SPOSE to be "Excellent" at 8:30AM and "Good" at 2:30PM and "Excellent" at 8:30PM .

Temps are to hit 84 degrees with a 53 % humidity.

Sunny today with 0 % chance of Precip.

Overnight low, Mostly Clear and 62 degrees and 10 % chance of Precip.

Happy fishing ya'll.

Friday, April 23

the best fishing on Bay Lake TODAY is SPOSE to be "Excellent" at 8:30AM and "Good" at 6:30-9:30PM .

Temps are to hit 87 degrees with a 57 % humidity.

Mostly Sunny today with 10 % chance of Precip.

Overnight low, Partly Cloudy and 65 degrees and 10 % chance of Precip.

Happy fishing ya'll.

:confused3

Frank: One of the employees at DIS, OOOOOOOPS, let me start over, DW would kill me.

A CASTMEMBER told me the DIS lakes are rated the 8th best Bigmouth water in the U. S. of A.

No idea how to find out.

john

I am forced to believe that is true....the bass fishing at the fort is pretty darned amazing. Ive only caught 1 bass anywhere besides the Fort, and I have several under my belt at the Fort...so with those numbers to jumble around....that makes it #1 in my book!!!! Granted, I dont do a whole lot of fresh water fishing....my usual fishing hole is Lake Pontchartrain...and thats brackish and fairly deep. Tons of croakers, sailfin cats, speckled & white trout, & black drum with the occassional redfish, flounder, & stingray. Ive seen some small sharks and gar being pulled out here & there. Alligators are not uncommon, as well as some pesky, shrimp stealing otters. And, of coarse, at the right time of year...dont even bother bottom fishing because the crabs will take all of your bait, but a few crab nets and chicken necks can go a long way!!!

:confused3
A CASTMEMBER told me the DIS lakes are rated the 8th best Bigmouth water in the U. S. of A.
john

A few years ago, I was told something similar. I agree with Rog,, judging from my experience, I could believe Bay Lake would rate 8th. :confused3. We have done countless guided excursions on Bay Lake,,and inna 2 hour trip the very worst I have done was 4 bass average bout 2-3 lbs. I can't do that well back home. Also I might add that the weather that day was absolutely shi,,uh, really nasty, it was windy, rained the whole time and was about 40 degrees out,, STILL CAUGHT 4 BASS !!The fish guide was Kerry, she was super,:thumbsup2 I can't believe she took me out in that weather.

ANYWAYS,,I have researched all I could find,,Disneys is a private lake,,when they rate lakes, it's only public lakes. So Bay Lake isnt in those ratings.
Florida does have the top rated lakes , followed by Texas.

:woohoo:

Back in the 80's we took friends/families from our old neighborhood to DIS. My DW was a Castmember back then and the discounts were super.

I took the kids on the 2hr afternoon excursion, The guide actually gave the kids over 3 hours of fishin.

The guide we had (name forgotten) watched the boats traveling back and forth from the Contemporary, Fort Wilderness and the old Discovery Island.

When a boat pulled up to dock, he would scoot over waiting for it to leave. As soon as it left he told the kids "Cast (plastic worms) into the bubble" (the water churned up as the boat turned and left)---It worked. Why it worked, till this day I have no idea.

Those kids had a ball catching bass and I am still bewildered ! ! ! I don't believe I asked him "how did you ever figure this out".
john

Saturday, April 24

the best fishing on Bay Lake TODAY is SPOSE to be "Good" at 7-9:30AM and "Good" at 7:PM .

Temps are to hit 89 degrees with a 57 % humidity.
Partly Cloudy today with 10 % chance of Precip.

Overnight low, Mostly Cloudy and 68 degrees and 10 % chance of Precip.

Happy fishing ya'll.

Sunday, April 25

the best fishing on Bay Lake TODAY is SPOSE to be "Good" at 7:AM and "Good" at 12:PM and at 7:PM .

Temps are to hit 87 degrees with a 64 % humidity.
Partly PM T-Storms today with 10 % chance of Precip.

Overnight low, Scattered T-Storms and 71 degrees and 60 % chance of Precip.

Happy fishing ya'll.

Monday, April 26

the best fishing on Bay Lake TODAY is SPOSE to be "Good" at 7:AM and "Good" at 12:30PM and at 7:30PM .

Temps are to hit 6degrees with a 62 % humidity.
Partly Cloudy/Wind2 today with 10 % chance of Precip.

Overnight low, Clear and 63 degrees and 0% chance of Precip.

Happy fishing ya'll.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter