Bathrooms -- are they available outside park gates?

MandyLovesMulan

A girl worth fighting for!
Just wondering if and where bathrooms may be located if you arrive BEFORE a park opens [I am thinking AK especially] and are waiting in the hoard of people trying to get into the park and line-up for rides early (esp. if this is an hour or more wait) . . . or do you just have to find some bushes somewhere if someone in your party has an "emergency."

Yes. In fact, I remember having to use this one, because I thought I was good until getting into the park buttt then the coffee kicked in! I think you DO have to get through security first though.

Yes. In fact I took advantage of the one at AK recently. It is inside Security off to the right of the ticket windows just before the tapstiles.

Having visited Disney while pregnant, in more familiar with the bathroom situation than I should be! Lol. PP is correct...there are bathrooms outside the gates, but you do have to clear security first. Glad they thought of this when they built the parks! There are also restrooms at the TTC.

Edit - I know Epcot also has a set of restrooms to the left after security. Not sure if any of the other parks have 2 sets or not.

Yes. In fact, I remember having to use this one, because I thought I was good until getting into the park buttt then the coffee kicked in! I think you DO have to get through security first though.

That's exactly what I was thinking about... coffee can disrupt things, and being in new environments and drinking new coffees may have unexpected results.

:-) thanks for the info!

So, if we get to AK and hour or two before it officially opens, when would the bathrooms be accessible? (Do they let people through security an hour before the park opens? Do they make exceptions for people waiting and needing to go -- and let them return to the masses waiting to clear security?)

So, if we get to AK and hour or two before it officially opens, when would the bathrooms be accessible? (Do they let people through security an hour before the park opens? Do they make exceptions for people waiting and needing to go -- and let them return to the masses waiting to clear security?)

I'm not sure what time security opens, but it's definitely open at least an hour before park opening (I'm regularly very early to RD). It would have to be open early enough that those with PPO breakfast reservations could get through.

That's exactly what I was thinking about... coffee can disrupt things, and being in new environments and drinking new coffees may have unexpected results.

:-) thanks for the info!

DH had some "unexpected results" the morning after drinking copious amounts of green tea in Japan. He was VERY thankful for the restrooms near the AK entrance while waiting for rope drop.

I'm not sure what time security opens, but it's definitely open at least an hour before park opening (I'm regularly very early to RD). It would have to be open early enough that those with PPO breakfast reservations could get through.

FYI: MK Security starts about 6:45 am on a 9 am opening. At least that was the time this past February 1, when we got to MK a little earlier than we expected.

Dear OP: Thanks for reading my mind with your question. What with getting up very early, drinking three cups of coffee, the excitement of EMH, the thought of the hoards of people all speed walking to FOP, the probably at least an hour to get to AK from Wilderness Lodge and then having to straddle a Banshee----it is wonderful to know there will be a place for "that issue" before the tapstiles

Yep! There's usually a bathroom pretty much anywhere someone might need one ... because they definitely don't want anyone peeing anywhere but the bathroom :)

Yep! There's usually a bathroom pretty much anywhere someone might need one ... because they definitely don't want anyone peeing anywhere but the bathroom :)

You would not believe me if I told you some of the places I've seen some people relieve themselves at WDW & I'm not talking about really little kids. (I will never touch the Sword in the Stone)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter