Bars for the Unsociable Solo

I’m not anti-social, but I’m a bit of an introvert and I don’t always want to make new friends. I know that sounds awful, but I am actually energized by not engaging in a lot of conversation.

For that reason, I have never actually stepped foot in Trader Sam’s Grotto, nor Jock Lindsey’s, nor Rose & Crown Pub. Well actually, for Rose & Crown, I did step in and it was loud and a bunch of college boys who reminded me of my fraternity buddies were cheering and engaged in banter, and I turned my direction and noped out of there real fast.

I do want to visit these three places on my next solo trip. How friendly are they to introverts, or do you need to be a bit more interactive to have a good time?
I did Trader Sam's solo & loved it. Generally when I'm at bars at WDW I interact with the CM's/bartenders, not the people around me. That just seems weird to me (but I'm sure other people like it). Because of this, I think spots like Trader Sam's and Oga's are great solo options. Jock Lindsey's is fine (I think their drinks are just all right) and tbh I've only ever had a sit-down meal at Rose & Crown. I ask for a table outside on the water, which is really nice. I couldn't for the life of me get anyone's attention to order a drink at the Edison for like 20-30 minutes one night, so I haven't gone back. Maybe they only want big groups/spenders. Let's seee........Oh, I love Baseline taphouse. It's great as a solo traveler because you can sit outside at the big round table & not feel like you have to interact with anyone. Most other places I think I just order my drink & leave, like the tequila spot in Mexico.

I don't drink much except on special occasions, like waaaaay less then the average drinker and I am anti-social. Last 2 times I stopped at the Baseline Tap House at DHS and enjoyed a California Sunset watching Jedi Academy and (to my enjoyment) crowd traffic with crying kiddies in tow :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter