Barnstormer question

BMAEC

Mouseketeer
Bear with me, I don’t completely understand rider switch or whether what I’m describing even qualifies as rider switch...

My two older daughters (ages 6 and 4) are tall enough for the barnstormer but my 2 y/o is not. I’ve been told you need an adult for every kid on this particular ride. If my husband goes with the 6 y/o, can he then go again with the 4 y/o using rider switch, or do I have to go with the 4 y/o? I’d rather not ride this ride at all. I’m fine getting all 4 of us fastpasses and just not technically using mine but I’m not sure if this is even a thing.

I’ve never used rider switch, so can’t help with that. But, yes, you could make FP+ for all four of you. After your DH rides with one child, simply give him your magic band to scan when he rides with the second.

I’ve never used rider switch, so can’t help with that. But, yes, you could make FP+ for all four of you. After your DH rides with one child, simply give him your magic band to scan when he rides with the second.
Oh! Are we allowed to switch bands temporarily? I know that sounds silly but I keep seeing posters on here talking about Disney policy and what goes against the rules.

Fyi, other reports have said that, in the new digital system, members from the 1st party (the group you have to have FP for) can also be in the second party, as long as it's no more than 3 people. Most folks use it so the older child can ride twice, one with mom and one with dad. However, it also works in your situation where dad rides twice.

You can book FP for Dad and 6 here, you and 4 at Dumbo, for example. They will put the RS on Dad and 4's bands. Dad will ride with 6 on his fp while you guys do Dumbo, then ride with 4 on his RS pass.

Oh! Are we allowed to switch bands temporarily? I know that sounds silly but I keep seeing posters on here talking about Disney policy and what goes against the rules.

Yes, as long as your band was used for entry and you are physically in the park, you can give someone your band to use your FP+.

They may have a slightly different process for Barnstormer because of the seating issue. When we had 3 kids tall enough but not old enough to ride alone (2, 5, 6) and only two parents, they told us that they would let us use the rider swap twice so it was more of a kid swap than adult swap. We didn't end up doing that because we didn't know about the age issue on it and went right before an ADR so couldn't use it then and DD6 got sick. So DH rode once with DD6 (before she got sick - not as a result of the ride :D). We used the RS once for DH and DD5 to ride while DD6, DS and I went back to the resiort and never went back to it. But they do recognise there is a corner case with that ride. Hopefully they have taken that into account with the digital system. But if not, yes, swap bands.

They may have a slightly different process for Barnstormer because of the seating issue. When we had 3 kids tall enough but not old enough to ride alone (2, 5, 6) and only two parents, they told us that they would let us use the rider swap twice so it was more of a kid swap than adult swap. We didn't end up doing that because we didn't know about the age issue on it and went right before an ADR so couldn't use it then and DD6 got sick. So DH rode once with DD6 (before she got sick - not as a result of the ride :D). We used the RS once for DH and DD5 to ride while DD6, DS and I went back to the resiort and never went back to it. But they do recognise there is a corner case with that ride. Hopefully they have taken that into account with the digital system. But if not, yes, swap bands.

Glad to hear your experience on this. I'll be in the same boat (5,5,5) and had so far left this off of our plans because of a combination of the seating issue and poor ride reviews. Now that I know you can double RS this, I'll keep it in mind for 4th FP.

Glad to hear your experience on this. I'll be in the same boat (5,5,5) and had so far left this off of our plans because of a combination of the seating issue and poor ride reviews. Now that I know you can double RS this, I'll keep it in mind for 4th FP.

Let me just caveat that my experience was before they went digital. I assume since they had a process then, they still will but I don't know that for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter