Bar codes on Refillable Mugs???

Coll0610

DIS Veteran
I've been away for a while so I apologize if this has been discussed recently. Whatever happened with the refillable mugs? At one time there was talk that a bar code would be placed on the refillable mugs and they would only be good for the length of your stay. Did that ever happen? We're heading out to the WL next week and I was wondering if we should pack our mugs.

Originally posted by Coll0610
I've been away for a while so I apologize if this has been discussed recently. Whatever happened with the refillable mugs? At one time there was talk that a bar code would be placed on the refillable mugs and they would only be good for the length of your stay. Did that ever happen? We're heading out to the WL next week and I was wondering if we should pack our mugs.

My understanding is that bar codes are not on the resort mugs. Just the water parks have the bar codes. There are now signs that state that the mugs are only good for the length of your stay. We will be at the AKL in 11 days and will be buying a new mug.

There are as many different answers to this question as there are posters on the DIS.

Different CMs tell you different things, Disney Admin office says the mugs are for length of stay at the resort the were purchased at or a sister resort - for example a mug from ASsp can be used at ASM - etc.....

Does this mean then that my old style mugs from the All Star Resorts will no longer be accepted? That is the way I interpret what you guys have said. That would make me quite sad.

When they renovated the food court at CBR, they made the "mug rules" a permanent part of the sign above the soda pop dispensors: "Unlimited refills for the entire length of stay in which the mugs were originally purchased."

even if we can't use the same mugs from a different trip I still think its worth buying the mugs!! Its worth saving money!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter