Banner for DISmeet on Magic

WDWLVR

<font color=green>DVC @ The Boardwalk</font><br><f
Andy (aka VerandaMan) asked if he could use the banner/sign I created for our DISmeet on the May 10th Magic for his sailing in August.

banner.jpg

The sign is cardboard with grommets so it can be tied on a rail. We did something similar using green card stock for the DVC Member Cruise but trashed it after that meet so we did this one from scratch.

Honestly we were going to probably pitch this one too until Andy's suggestion came up. I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in passing it on to the next set of cruisers. For example if someone on the 5/17 cruise wants it they e-mail me with their name and cabin number and I leave it for them at guest services, then someone from the 5/24 sailing does the same and so on.

We could even have those attending the DISmeets autograph the back as it travels. I think it would be fun to see who all sailed when. Since most DISmeets last maybe an hour tops I don't think it would get much wear and tear especially if it stayed on the ship.

What do you think? Anyone from 5/17 interested? If not I'll bring it home and send it off to Andy.

Originally posted by WDWLVR
Andy (aka VerandaMan) asked if he could use the banner/sign I created for our DISmeet on the May 10th Magic for his sailing in August.

banner.jpg

The sign is cardboard with grommets so it can be tied on a rail. We did something similar using green card stock for the DVC Member Cruise but trashed it after that meet so we did this one from scratch.

Honestly we were going to probably pitch this one too until Andy's suggestion came up. I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in passing it on to the next set of cruisers. For example if someone on the 5/17 cruise wants it they e-mail me with their name and cabin number and I leave it for them at guest services, then someone from the 5/24 sailing does the same and so on.

We could even have those attending the DISmeets autograph the back as it travels. I think it would be fun to see who all sailed when. Since most DISmeets last maybe an hour tops I don't think it would get much wear and tear especially if it stayed on the ship.

What do you think? Anyone from 5/17 interested? If not I'll bring it home and send it off to Andy.

Mary,

What a great idea!!! The banner looks so nice, I thought it was made of canvas, not cardboard. I hope someone from the May 17th cruise takes you up on your offer.

Andy

Andy - funny you should say that. Our orignal plan was on canvas. We had the lettering from when we did the first one in February. When Mark go that the lettering on the cardboard to make the template I thought it looked good enough to go with that (especially since we are leaving in a week :) ). So I added the mickey heads, he added the grommets and there you have it.

I hope this works, we would love to use it in November, but that is a lot of DisMeets, and dry dock. Dry dock might be the difficult part.

Mary........I added a post onto the May 17th cruisers thread asking if someone would take you up on your offer. Maybe you should put this post on their thread, then someone would be sure to see it! I hope someone takes you up on the offer. It really is a great sign and I thought it was on canvas, too!!!

Perhaps it could be dropped off and picked up at The Perfect Gift. Just a thought, not sure if Shirley would want to help or not.

Dan

Dan,

What a very smart man!!!!:cool:

If shirley is up for helping out this could continue for a really long time. Maybe long enough for my Cruise in January. That would be really cool.

PJ

...had posted a reply earlier, but apparently my system hiccuped as it's not here! glad i checked!

we're on the may 24 western. i'm more or less coordinating our meet, so if you do have someone on the 17th, then perhaps they can leave it for us on the 24th?

Dan, great idea and could work between weeks and during drydock. Only problem with us doing it is we have DCL transfers and will be trying to make an 11:30 plane which leaves no time for going over by Shirley.

dizneykids - I left a message over the 5/17 thread telling them you would be happy to take it over from them so we'll see if anyone volunteers. If not maybe you can pm me you're info and I'll see if they'll hold it for a week.

Thought it would be fun tradition to keep passing on.

The July 5th cruisers would be interested in passing it along, if possible.

We're on the July 6 4-day Wonder Cruise. I would be willing to take it for the cruise. I just need to know what you do at the DIS Meet. This is our first Disney cruise and we're cruising on points.
I'm fairly new to the board but I love it. :p

Think you may have to make up a "Wonder" banner and a "Magic" banner :)
Cheers,
Grumbo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter