Banking points

RanDIZ

DIS Veteran AKV/CCV
I’m closing on a Dec UY AKL with 100 points coming Dec 2020. I already booked my Dec 2020 vac through rental and cash so will not be using them in 2020. If those points are good until Nov 30 2021 and must be banked by July 31, 2021, do I need to bank them into 2021 right away on Dec 1, 2020 to be able to book my Dec 2021 vac starting in Jan 2021 (11mth window) to use my 2020 points? Because technically my 2021 vac is now in my 2021 UY.

With a Dec UY, things are a little tricky because most of the travel is in the calendar year AFTER the UY which is your current UY.

But, a Dec 2021 trip is in your 2021 UY. In order to use 2020 UY points, they must be banked when you are making the reservation in Jan 2021. So, you can do it before hand, or do it at the same time you are making the reservation.

Given how popular that time is, however, I would just get them banked anytime prior to the date in January, 2021 you are going to book the reservation.

Remember, everything is based on when you travel and not when you book. Always just figure out UY of travel...forget about the calendar year you are booking.

With a Dec UY, things are a little tricky because most of the travel is in the calendar year AFTER the UY which is your current UY.

But, a Dec 2021 trip is in your 2021 UY. In order to use 2020 UY points, they must be banked when you are making the reservation in Jan 2021. So, you can do it before hand, or do it at the same time you are making the reservation.

Given how popular that time is, however, I would just get them banked anytime prior to the date in January, 2021 you are going to book the reservation.

Remember, everything is based on when you travel and not when you book. Always just figure out UY of travel...forget about the calendar year you are booking.
Thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!