Baking Mini Muffins.

Disney Ontario

Ontario Disney
No not ::MinnieMo :rotfl:
We are taking off, down to Niagara Falls and Buffalo for the weekend. I wanted to bring some snacks for munchies. I was wandering, can I take any muffin recipe and bake mini muffins? :confused3 My favourite recipe is "Muffins that taste like donuts"

I don't know if "any muffin recipe" works well, but I've done it will most of mine without any trouble. You just need to shorten the baking time.

Hi Disney Ontario
I bet you have a similar recipe to my favorite--"taste like doughnuts" muffins.
We call them French muffins. Do you dip them in butter after baking then roll them in cinnamon & sugar? I have made them many times in a mini muffin pan and they are terrific--just bake for a shorter time. They look like doughnut holes.
Deb :thumbsup2

How could anyone post a message about muffins that taste like donuts....and NOT POST THE RECIPE...your killing me here! :rotfl2:

I have my coffee in hand....just need a little something to go with it!

Dory's twin has the coffee....I have a new mini-muffin pan just waiting for a recipe to bake in it............ :sunny:

Me too, me too!! Please post the receipe!!

I would be happy to share--this recipe makes 15 reg. muffins or about 3 doz. minis
French Breakfast Muffins
1/3 cup shortening
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour or cake flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. nutmeg

1/2 cup sugar mixed with 1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup melted butter

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 15 medium muffin cups or mini-muffin tins.
You may have to bake in batches. Mix thoroughly shortening, 1/2 cup sugar and the egg. Stir in flour, b. powder, salt and nutmeg alternately with the milk. Do not overmix.
Fill tins 2/3 full. Bake reg. muffins for 20-25 min. mini muffins approx. 10-12 min. Immediately after baking, remove from tins and dip into melted butter and roll in sugar/ cinnamon mixture. Serve warm.
These are so terrific because they are so easy to whip up in the morning--and no deep fat frying. They are made of ingredients most of us keep on hand. Enjoy!
Deb

Thank you...I am going to whip up a batch for an afterschool treat....they sound really YUMMY... :woohoo:

Dory's Twin

The ONE that I got was delicious! I have a DS15 that was gobbling them up They were best warm IMHO! :thumbsup2

Unfortunately...they are not diet-friendly.....but neither am I :lmao:

Thank you so much! This will be a very used recipe in my collection!!!

Dory

What about just making donut holes? :teeth:
Get a can of Pillsbury Grand biscuits. Cut them in quarters. Drop in oil, fry to golden brown. Quickly roll in sugar, or cinnamon sugar or powdered sugar while still hot & wet. Yum!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter