Bahamas or Caribbean?

ahamlet

Earning My Ears
I am considering booking a cruise for myself and three kids in March 2016. Kids ages at time of travel would be 15, 14 and 10. It would be during their spring break. Not sure which route would be the most unique. Belize seems like it would be a more unique experience. Has anyone done both? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Caribbean, I'm not a of the Bahamas. So much so, I stay on ship in Nassau. LOL! I'd love to go to Belize! (only been on Carnival, book on 1st DCL for next April)

Caribbean over Bahamas any day. We have been to almost all the Caribbean ports. We have not been to Belize before though. Would love to stop there some time.

I could be wrong, but generally I thought that Bahamas cruises are shorter ones (3-5 days) whereas Caribbean tend to be 7 day cruises. So it may depend on how long a cruise you can take. If either are an option, then I'd for sure do a Caribbean cruise.

There are a couple of 4-5 days that go to Labadee/Jamaica, Coz/Belize, Grand C/Coz. Coz has a variety of things to do (we usually cab to a beach club or go to Chakanaab (?)). Most Carib. ports are superior to the Bahamas, IMHO, plus the weather/water is much warmer. I am not a big fan of Jamaica, unless doing a guided excursion. Both Coz and Belize have excellent snorkeling. Since you are taking teens, I would recommend a bigger ship with flow rider, etc. Independence does 4-5 days out of Ft L March 2016 and goes to Belize. Coz/Belize on the Indy is a great option for teens, both for the awesome ship (flow rider, ice rink, etc.) and ports. I would definitely pick that over Bahamas.

Last edited:
Caribbean for sure. We have been to the Bahamas on a cruise and I actually never want to go there again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter